• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Look What I found: 3000/3100 Sliders

I was looking for a couple of the clips that come with Ryobi tools for hanging onto belts and these appeared.

Good price.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • ballard770
    Established Member
    • Jan 2016
    • Washington State
    • Ryobi BT3000

That slider (45001 slider B) has been available for some time. The one not available ends in 44001 and I believe is slider A.

Comment

• Jim Frye
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Maumee, OH, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

When I melted the original arbor drive belts shortly after I bought the saw, I sat down and looked at things that might wear out on the saw. When I went to the local Ryobi Authorized Service Center to buy belts, I picked up the other things I had listed, so I would have them on hand if needed. Locker bracket shims, SMT slides, sliding rails locks, belts (2 sets), and meter fence ends. Other than the one set of belts, nothing else has broken in the last 25+ years. Now that these things are scarce, I can’t believe I was lucky enough to get them earlier. Maybe nothing has broken/worn out because I have replacements?
      Jim Frye
      The Nut in the Cellar.
      ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Jim, I am convinced if I buy spare parts I will never have to use them. Its a corollary to Murphy's Law.
        I'm sure Murphy applies to you too.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• capncarl
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Leesburg Georgia USA
          • SawStop CTS

Ive had a strategy of purchasing spare parts for tools and equipment as an insurance policy to assure that I would never need them! Even as far as purchasing a spare v belt and timer switch for the washing machine.l.l that seems to do the trick, the washer is still clicking along nicely after 14 yrs of working hard and being put away wet. If I could just get a handle around which parts I need for my automobiles ..... and I could tell the dang pesky auto warranty callers that I don’t need their services because I have a spare wtr pump and maybe an extra drive shaft.
          capncarl

Comment

• Macsauce2012
            Forum Newbie
            • Dec 2018
            • BT3000

Originally posted by leehljp
            https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pack-Rid....c100005.m1851

I was looking for a couple of the clips that come with Ryobi tools for hanging onto belts and these appeared.

Good price.
            Do these work?

Comment

• snowmansmedleys
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2021

I really don't like shilling, but I've made replacement slide sets.
              They're my own design based on the OEM parts, but slightly different.
              Their printed in either Nylon 6/6 or 6/12, so they're silky smooth and wear like iron.

BT3000 or BT3100 Nylon Miter Table Slides (1 complete set) 661845001 661844001

I'll post this in the other threads that I found. Feel free to delete my posts and shove it in a new thread if you feel that's more fitting.

Comment

• Neuswede
                Neuswede commented
                Editing a comment
                Snowmansmedleys, I will attest to the quality of your work. I recently acquired a "new to me saw" that requires one or several of everything, including the sliders. The miter slide now tracks like a rocket sled. Thank you.
            • cwsmith
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2005
              • NY Southern Tier, USA.
              • BT3100-1

We ought to have a special category for spare parts, that were designed by members for 3D printing as well as a list of sources for hard to find parts. Such posts have been made in the past and I think they just get lost over time.

Back in 2016 I did a drawing of the original design that could be printed 3D. But the pins were too fragile. At the same time, atgcpaul came up with what I thought was a brilliant design for the slides; instead of two different patterns that mated (and had those fragile pins), his was simply a single piece that could be reversed and mated together to produce a replacement for both "slide A" and "slide B". I did two drawings, one of the dimensions and a second 3D-printable file which Paul used on a printer that was available to him at that time. He sent me some samples and I tested it for a short while on my SMT where they worked great. I don't have a 3D printer myself, and as yet, have not had a need to print any more or those parts.

A few months ago, Pappy posted a need that he had as he was going to restore the SMT on his BT and I sent him the only slides that I had of this design. I don't know how they worked out for him.

Here is the original thread (note there are eight pages of it) - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...-a-slide/page6

Somewhere in the midst of that there should be the drawings, if not then let me know and I'll look through my archive files and repost.

I've been putting off buying my own 3D printer, as at my age it's just one more piece of equipment to learn, store, and probably only use on occasion. At the prices I see being asked, it makes me think I should have been more enterprising.

CWS
              Last edited by cwsmith; 01-03-2021, 12:34 PM.
              Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• snowmansmedleys
                Forum Newbie
                • Jan 2021

Originally posted by cwsmith
                We ought to have a special category for spare parts, that were designed by members for 3D printing as well as a list of sources for hard to find parts. Such posts have been made in the past and I think they just get lost over time.

Back in 2016 I did a drawing of the original design that could be printed 3D. But the pins were too fragile. At the same time, atgcpaul came up with what I thought was a brilliant design for the slides; instead of two different patterns that mated (and had those fragile pins), his was simply a single piece that could be reversed and mated together to produce a replacement for both "slide A" and "slide B". I did two drawings, one of the dimensions and a second 3D-printable file which Paul used on a printer that was available to him at that time. He sent me some samples and I tested it for a short while on my SMT where they worked great. I don't have a 3D printer myself, and as yet, have not had a need to print any more or those parts.

A few months ago, Pappy posted a need that he had as he was going to restore the SMT on his BT and I sent him the only slides that I had of this design. I don't know how they worked out for him.

Here is the original thread (note there are eight pages of it) - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...-a-slide/page6

Somewhere in the midst of that there should be the drawings, if not then let me know and I'll look through my archive files and repost.

I've been putting off buying my own 3D printer, as at my age it's just one more piece of equipment to learn, store, and probably only use on occasion. At the prices I see being asked, it makes me think I should have been more enterprising.

CWS
                If you have the time, and if you have a bit of money, and you can see yourself making lots of useful things with it, then a printer is worth the money.
                If all you ever did was print hand screws or knobs it would pay for itself, assuming you don't have to worry about PLA softening in 100 degree weather.

There are a few gotchas with printing though. Mainly: PLA isn't tough enough for small or thin features that bear heavy shock loads.
                The second big one is that you'll be chasing your tail over the last 0.005-0.010 inches of dimensional accuracy.

If you don't see yourself printing at least a dozen of something, you could always send your design off to a rapid prototype business or Shapeways.

Comment

• cwsmith
                  cwsmith commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks,

Something to think about. That's the problem, as I'm always chasing time and 'time' is what my biggest challenge is. Too many interests I guess. We only have one retailer in our area who sells 3D printers. NIce electronics shop and the last I looked I could buy what looks like a pretty decent 3D printer for around $300, complete with heated bed, etc. My grandson has moved back to town and I think he'd be interested, but between his two jobs and Covid, we don't get to talk much and he's staying away because both of his jobs involve a lot of customer contact.

Hopefully this pandemic will dampen, but just in the last day the count in our area went up another 200.

Thanks,

CWS
              • Black walnut
                Administrator
                • Aug 2015
                • BT3K

Originally posted by cwsmith
                We ought to have a special category for spare parts, that were designed by members for 3D printing as well as a list of sources for hard to find parts....snip

CWS
                CWS did you happen to notice this thread has been moved to a new forum, although not exactly what you are asking for but perhaps better than we had. Thanks goes to Loring for the idea for it.
                just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• cwsmith
                  cwsmith commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Black Walnut,

No, I didn't notice that. When I check in, I usually just check the "Recent Posts" drop down and go from there. It's great to have "BT3X00 Replacement Parts" forum. Now that I know it exists, I'll look back in my files and re-post the three or four dimensioned drawings that I've done in the past and I'll repost the 3D printable drawings for the SMT slide that Paul and I did a few years ago.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
              Working...