X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ecklesweb
    Handtools only
    • Mar 2024

BT3100 replacement fence

I have an old Ryobi BT3100 table saw I love. The fence assembly was broken in a move and I don't believe I can repair it. What are my options? Does any other current production fence fit the BT3100 rails? Has anyone replaced the rails on a BT3100 with something else to accomodate a different fence? My hope is not to spend $200 on the only replacement fence I can find on ebay.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Be patient, I believe you should be able to find an eBay used rip (I presume) fence for a lot less than $200. Also there are some people here (grumpydad) who collect these parts and resell them

You were not specific about rip fence or miter fence. But I presume rip fence because you mentioned fitting the rails.
    Either way, no current production model saws fences will fit this. But there were several hundred thousand of these BT3000, BT3100, Sears clones sold whose fence will fit. It was a popular saw.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-27-2024, 08:55 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• twistsol
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
      • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

It also very much depends on what is broken on the fence. Short of being run over by a steam roller and flattened, it should be repairable. There are some aftermarket parts available that are superior to the originals. Pictures always help

And welcome to the SawdustZone.
      Chr's

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

Here is the rip fence rear roller and clamper assembly on amazon:

If it is the front end, 2 or 3 times a year, they become available here from someone parting their saw out.
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

It all depends on what parts are needed. The whole thing? The rear roller / clamper The front assembly? The rod? Basically if the main extrusion is good, you can get parts to repair the rest of the fence.
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

member GrumpyDad has not been on since Oct 2023, but he always had a stock of BT3 parts he was selling,
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	104
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	858346
            I suggest using the forum Private Mail (PM) facility to send him a email from this site to ask about availability.
            Sometimes he sells on eBay
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• mangorockfish
              Forum Newbie
              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by ecklesweb
              I have an old Ryobi BT3100 table saw I love. The fence assembly was broken in a move and I don't believe I can repair it. What are my options? Does any other current production fence fit the BT3100 rails? Has anyone replaced the rails on a BT3100 with something else to accomodate a different fence? My hope is not to spend $200 on the only replacement fence I can find on ebay.
              I just saw one on ereplacement parts for $111. New

Comment

• leehljp
                leehljp commented
                Editing a comment
                I buy from Ereplacement Parts too. They are my go-to place for home/shop parts need.

Welcome to Sawdustzone.
            Working...