The ebay aluminum miter fence bracket. Absolutely worth it!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

The ebay aluminum miter fence bracket. Absolutely worth it!

For when the particular listing goes bad, just FWIW, the Ebay seller in question is noteck1​. I ran into the mention of these here a good long time ago and never gave it much thought until I started chasing the issue with my rip fence, and figured I would upgrade my miter fence while I was at it...

Well for starters, we are talking about a solid machined hunk of aluminum. I am not entirely certain of the MFG process though, there are patterns in this thing that make me think that this was made with one of those 3D printers that actually print in metals. Yes there is such a thing and it is wierd but hey who am I to judge right?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29594243274...Bk9SR7Sc_b73Yg

Click image for larger version

Name:	BT3x00MiterFenceClamp.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	856887

First and foremost, this thing is ROCK SOLID. The pastic one always had some deflection that would cause the fence to move, or at least scare the fertilizer out of me.... This thing is absolutely NOT going anywhere.

Highly reccommended!

​Now I need to move on to the fence clamper / roller holder and cleaning the glue off of my saw top... Not all my fault, some of this glue was from Larry.... (I wonder if he knows his old saw is still alive and kicking?)
    Only the Holder part # 969192001 is included. No other parts are included .
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

I have that and a couple of others have it too. Well worth it!
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

I would get one if I needed a replacement, but my 23 year old original plastic one is still fine.

Plus, I have Rod Kirby's shop made one he sent me when he retired his BT3; I use it, its set up on my long miter fence.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_25721.jpg Views:	0 Size:	208.8 KB ID:	856899
      Attached Files
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 11-11-2023, 01:10 PM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dbhost

dbhost
        commented
        Editing a comment
        My plastic one is still chugging along, but it lets my fence slip / flexes. This eliminates that problem. Considering the history of the saw not a huge surprise, there may be cracks in it I just haven't seen...
    • dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Does anyone know if these are machined from billets or 3D printed? And yes there are 3D printers that print in metals...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...