• Show
Clear All
  • Dedpedal
    Established Member
    • Feb 2020
    • Palm Coast Florida
    • One BT3000 in use and one for parts. Plus a BT3100

12”blade?

Will this fit our BT3000 safely and is it too heavy for the motor?
    Just having an early morning brain fart while out for breakfast.
    Have a great day!
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

No, a 12" blade will not safely fit on a 10" table saw.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

12" blade is too large for the BT3 whose max capacity is 10" blade.

It will interfere with the housing, blade shroud, and throat plate opening and the blade guard or riving knife won't fit. All of which will keep it off the arbor. Oh yeah, 12" blades have 1" arbor holes while 10" blades have 5/8" arbor holes standard... it will flop around even if you could get the arbor thru the hole! Not a good thing.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Dedpedal
        Dedpedal commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I was thinking the same but was out and about.
    • dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Dedpedal
      Will this fit our BT3000 safely and is it too heavy for the motor?
      Just having an early morning brain fart while out for breakfast.
      Have a great day!
      Coffee first, think later. LOL.... Sorry the brain fart for breakfast thing gave me a good chuckle....

And no, a 12" blade will not fit the BT3X00 saws. Simply put, there isn't enough space in the blade shroud for one, a 10" just barely fits...

You do have me wondering though. What brought up the idea in the first place? Table saws for the most part seem to have standardized on the 10" blade...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Dedpedal
        Established Member
        • Feb 2020
        • Palm Coast Florida
        • One BT3000 in use and one for parts. Plus a BT3100

Originally posted by dbhost

Coffee first, think later. LOL.... Sorry the brain fart for breakfast thing gave me a good chuckle....

And no, a 12" blade will not fit the BT3X00 saws. Simply put, there isn't enough space in the blade shroud for one, a 10" just barely fits...

You do have me wondering though. What brought up the idea in the first place? Table saws for the most part seem to have standardized on the 10" blade...
        No coffee yet for sure. I saw a good deal on a 12” blade and wasn’t home to visually check for myself. I didn’t think it would fit.
        thanks guys, y’all the best.

Comment

• capncarl
          capncarl commented
          Editing a comment
          Good deal? Usually when a big box retailer has good deals on 12” blades they also have a better good deal on 10” blades. I’ve picked up half dozen 2 packs of 10” blades around Christmas. No, they may not be the best blade but they are sharp when new and I don’t loose my lunch when I hit a nail like I would with a $150-$200 Forrest Woodworker blade.
      Working...