This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black walnut
    replied
    Hank does it still use the factory roll pin to hold the rear clamper? This machined part looks to be the final solution to making the fence last more than a lifetime.

Leave a comment:

• leehljp
    replied
    Got my machined aluminum rocker holder in this morning and installed it this afternoon. It works well. I dropped and lost the pen that holds the roller. Got my 18" bar magnet out to find it but could not find it. I quickly found an old broken 1/4 inch bit and ground the end to the proper length and used that. It went together well and functions perfect. Locks well too.

The aluminum block comes with two screws that mount it to the extruded bar, as the original screws are made to screw into the plastic block; however the aluminum block was not only machined but had been tapped for the included machine screws. The whole thing fit perfectly and was machined perfectly too. No more broken end blocks. That was the third block that I had to replace in 18 years over two different saws. But I am through with that now.
    Last edited by leehljp; 02-09-2019, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tfischer
    replied
    Hmmm now I need to look at mine more carefully. I mentioned on the other fence thread that my fence suddenly went far out of alignment. I didn't notice anything odd but wasn't inspecting for (or expecting) cracked parts.

I like the idea of the aluminum one. And I love my saw so would certainly put that investment into it if necessary.

Leave a comment:

• leehljp
    replied
    Originally posted by LCHIEN
    The roller holder has a lot of stress and apparently breaks frequently. At least In terms of a twenty year saw life so far.
    I think I replaced mine once (shattered) and did some repair work another time. I probably have a spare.
    But, I'm tempted to order the aluminum one to make my saw last forever. Anybody got one yet?
    I developed a crack on mine this past Saturday and looked looked at the aluminum one on eBay Sunday. It sure would be nice to have one that won't break under normal operating conditions - including aging.

Leave a comment:

• LCHIEN
    replied
    The roller holder has a lot of stress and apparently breaks frequently. At least In terms of a twenty year saw life so far.
    I think I replaced mine once (shattered) and did some repair work another time. I probably have a spare.
    But, I'm tempted to order the aluminum one to make my saw last forever. Anybody got one yet?
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-29-2019, 05:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jlhumbert
    replied
    I just found this one machined out of aluminum for about the same price. Probably wouldn't ever have to worry about this one cracking.
    Redesigned for strength and reliability. The plastic body is replaced with high grade 6061 aluminum. | eBay!

Leave a comment:

• Surfhunter
    replied
    Wow. Love my saw, but the pricing on parts is getting scary.

At atleast there are ways to improvise.

Leave a comment:

• jlhumbert
    replied
    It's ridiculously overpriced, but here's a link to one for sale on ebay.
    This is the end assembly from a BT3000 table saw fence. It will work for a BT3100 also. Need to repair your Ryobi fence?. Used fence part forRyobi BT3000/BT3100 table saw. | eBay!

Leave a comment:

• twistsol
    replied
    You can try Reed's Sales and Service 1260 Payne Ave St. Paul, MN 55130 Phone: 651-774-9515 - Fax: 651-774-1532

They used to service Ryobi stuff and they still had some parts in stock a year or so ago last time I was there. If that doesn't work, you can make a replacement using the article below.

https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mp-replacement

Leave a comment:

• Surfhunter
    started a topic Fence Roller Holder broken

Fence Roller Holder broken

Anyone know where I can get a roller holder for a BT3000 fence? The black plastic piece the goes into the back of the fence has cracked. Part stores online show it as discontinued.
Working...