X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AJ77
    Handtools only
    • Feb 2014

Inherited a BT3000

My father passed away about a year and a half ago. I finally started going through his shop and decided to bring his BT3000 home to replace my craftsman direct-drive. I was getting ready to rip some stock, and saw my father had a crosscut blade on the saw, so I tried to replace it, and that's where the problem came in. I can't get the arbor nut off. It spins, then binds back up. So I think I'm going to need to replace the arbor rod and nut at least. How tough an operation is this going to be?
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Are you using both spanners to loosen the arbor nut? And what direction are you turning? These might seem like obvious questions, but you never know. A lot of newbies don't know how to properly remove the blade...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

its a left handed nut (Keeps it from coming loose under operation forces) so it loosens in the opposite most all others nuts you're used to.
      You should be using the two spanner wrenches, each one has a slot which locks the arbor behind the blade and the other (a 3/4" open end wrench will do) to remove the arbor nut.

Not sure what you mean by spins then binds back up - are you unable to lock the arbor in place? That's what one of the spanners will do for you.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• AJ77
        Handtools only
        • Feb 2014

Thanks guys. Went back and tried again. I had gotten so frustrated with my day yesterday that I forgot about the reverse threading on arbor nuts. Everything is working fine, just had to take a breather and check in with knowledgeable folks to get my head back straight.

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

It's good to know you got it going...
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...