• Show
Clear All
  • Jazzydals
    Handtools only
    • Jun 2012

Craftsman 21829 Miter Table Storage.

Hello from a newbie!
    Great Forum!
    I just bought a new, out the unopened box Craftsman 21829 portable table saw and can not figure out how to store the Miter Table (Black retangle plastic moving tray) on the back of the saw as directed by the useless manual.
    Why can't they take pictures?!
    It would be great if someone could send pictures to larryrussell@me.com.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

No pictures, as my saw is now a bit modified and I can't access the back. But it's a bit of a ballet.

Facing the back of the saw, with the SMT in your hands, orient it to where the clamps are away from you, and the long silver extension to the left. Put the right, top side in the grey clamp first, then get the right bottom side in. Then put in the left top side and the left bottom side in last.

Sorry that can't be more descriptive.
    I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

I can't get the link from here, but go to Youtube, and search for BT3100. There is a Ryobi official video on Youtube, I think cut up into 3 or 4 parts, that shows assembly, basic adjustments, and usage. It shows you with some decent clarity how to assemble the SMT. The 21829 works the same way...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2007
        • Buena Park, CA
        • CM 21829

Here are some pics, two showing holders and clamps, one from side of saw.

To supplement instructions from Cochese - with the SMT properly oriented on the rails, first lock the SMT table into rearward position on track. Unlock the rail clamps, front and rear. Take SMT to rear of saw. Place table into plastic holders with the rail portion aligned so the front clamps will position over the small plastic/rubber blocks - lock the front rail clamps onto these blocks.

HTH.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Bill in Buena Park; 06-23-2012, 12:59 PM. Reason: Clarity
        Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Ohhhh.... so you mean to stow the SMT when it's not in use.. Got it.
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• eccentrictinkerer
            • Aug 2007
            • Minneapolis, MN
            • BT-3000, 21829

I learn something new everyday! I've had my 21829 for three years and never thought to try this.

I drilled a 1/2" hole in the stationary rail and hang the assembly on the wall.
            You might think I haven't contributed much to the world, but a large number
            of the warning labels on tools can be traced back to things I've done...

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by eccentrictinkerer
              I learn something new everyday! I've had my 21829 for three years and never thought to try this.

I drilled a 1/2" hole in the stationary rail and hang the assembly on the wall.
              You mean like this? My Spare's been on the wall for years.
              Attached Files
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• eccentrictinkerer
                • Aug 2007
                • Minneapolis, MN
                • BT-3000, 21829

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                You mean like this? My Spare's been on the wall for years.
                Exactly like that except that it's my primary SMT.

Just can't give up the 'old-school' miter gauge and sled.
                You might think I haven't contributed much to the world, but a large number
                of the warning labels on tools can be traced back to things I've done...

Comment

• MBG
                  • Apr 2003
                  • Chicago, Illinois.
                  • Craftsman 21829

I just bought one of these and it was a challenge to figure out how to store miter table. I'll have to look at it again tonight but mine has an added challenge. In Bill's last photo the clamping bar (vertical silver square bar to right of clamps) extents above the rails so I need to slide the table under the rail first. After a few tries I'm getting good at it.

Mike

Comment

Working...