BT3000 rip fence, shims and other various questions.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by Duane867
    Whats the purpose of the hook on the rear of the fence and sliding rod through the fence body then if it all the accuracy rides on the front rail ?
    If that's true would that mean that something ( maybe the eccentric clamping wheel ) is worn on the feed side of the fence causing the 1/8" taper when tightened ?
    I must have missed your post when you first made it.

If you flip the fence over and operate the lever you can partially see how it works. The front clamping mechanism pulls the T-square like parts of the fence against the back side of the front rail first. This is where the alignment comes from. The back hook tightens down last. The function of it is to hold the alignment of the fence.

It seems like you got your fence to quit cocking. I've never really thought of it, but I'll pull the handle towards me when I'm operating it. That might be a reason I don't see as much movement.

Careful about waxing the rails. Many folks here have reported problems with the fence holding alignment after waxing the rails.
    Erik

Comment

• Duane867
      Forum Newbie
      • Aug 2009

I'll strip it off with some simple green if I have any trouble then.
      Actually...I have noticed trouble like that on the router table though. Just last night actually. The table walked a little from the fence while routing. The fence stayed put but the table walked a hair. Just enough to screw up my rabbits real good on a practice box though.
      SOoooo I'll strip it this afternoon.
      Thanks for the head sup !

Comment

• Duane867
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2009

Still need to get a copy of the FAQ from a user who does not use gmail if any one can help me out ?

Comment

• Duane867
          Forum Newbie
          • Aug 2009

Well ,
          I just said screw it and bought the stock replacement shims this afternoon from Ereplacementparts.com.

Got no FAQ and got no response from the fine folks at Ryobi ( after MULTIPLE attempts over a TWO WEEK period. ) So I ordered factory fit.

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

duane,

PM Loring Chien here for the BT3K FAQ, he is the keeper of the file... Give him your email address and he should get it right out to you...
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• JR
              The Full Monte
              • Feb 2004
              • Eugene, OR
              • BT3000

Originally posted by dbhost
              duane,

PM Loring Chien
              search for lchien, that's his user name.

JR
              JR

Comment

• LCHIEN
                Internet Fact Checker
                • Dec 2002
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by dbhost
                duane,

PM Loring Chien here for the BT3K FAQ, he is the keeper of the file... Give him your email address and he should get it right out to you...
                sent it to him three times via two different mail servers, he says he never gets it.
                Loring in Katy, TX USA
                If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Duane867
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Aug 2009

I never said you didn't send it, so lets clear that up ahead of time. ( I see a hint of that odor lingering I think.) Even stated it a few posts back in this thread. I said for some reason its not making it through on my end.
                  My wife can't send from gmail at work or yahoo either. I have no idea whats up with that. I'll have my Microsoft certified comp. engineer friend look it over this week. He'll get to the bottom of it I bet. Before you know it I'll be able to receive from all services again.

Comment

• Duane867
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by duane867
                    ok so i fixed the fence cocking issue. I waxed the table, rails, the fence its self, and used some graphite powder on the internal moving parts of the fence.
                    Problem solved.
                    so now all i need to do is wait for frigg'n ryobi to email me back ( because no one will answer the phone or call me back, when i leave a message or email me back. Tried that 3 times this past week) about the compatibility or my 1992 bt300 with the guide plate and spring shims from a bt 3100.
                    This is getting irritating lol!
                    So yeah, either replace the stock for stock shims, or do the swap if its compatible and i pretty much have a brand new 1992 bt3000 :d

as well, it seems that i can not accept gmail emails now for some reason or another so i can not receive a cop of the faq file from lchien
                    poor fella went out of his way to try twice but my outlook express is having none of it i guess.
                    Any one else willing to send me a copy that does not use gmail perhaps ?
                    I would greatly appreciate it ! :d

duane

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2005
                      • Independence, MO, USA.
                      • bt3100

My wife can't send from gmail at work or yahoo either. I have no idea whats up with that.

Work probably has a proxy server, as well as firewall restrictions, etc. blocking stuff like that (non work stuff on work time).

Is the email you sent from a work email? Just clearing up, you did check any spam filters you have in place (checking your delete box, etc)?
                      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Duane867
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Aug 2009

Yeah no spam setting I know of, its not in the deleted folder, and its my home computer.
                        I have NOD 64 bit but I don't have anything funky set to nuke suspicious email or anything. It just scans it and alerts me.

Comment

• Duane867
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Aug 2009

At long last I have received the FAQ PDF file.
                          Thank you Patrick !

As well, Ryobi finally answered my emails and informed me that my 1992 BT3000 can accept the updated shims and associated parts from the BT3100. So that may help any one else wondering who may have a 17 year old saw such as my self if its one of the early models thought to have a different guide negating the ability to swap parts. Your good to go !
                          To bad I already ordered the stock shims though LOL !
                          Ah well.

Comment

• Black wallnut
                            cycling to health
                            • Jan 2003
                            • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                            • BT3k 1999

Add shim supports and you will be trouble free for years or forever depending on the phase of the moon, the environment the saw is in and all sorts of other voodoo.
                            Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• Duane867
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Aug 2009

Is that in the FAQ or is there a link on this site ?

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                                Veteran Member
                                • Feb 2005
                                • Independence, MO, USA.
                                • bt3100

At long last I have received the FAQ PDF file.
                                Thank you Patrick !
                                Good to see. I have been waiting for Loring to log back on and see his inbox.
                                She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...