• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Temu bargains

This shopping site has lots of imported stuff. A lot of it woodworking related:
    https://www.temu.com/moon_subject/un3.html?subj=dpa-un&_bg_fs=1&_p_jump_id=558&_x_vst_scene=adg&goods _ id=601099519226339&sku_id=17592227719935&adg_ctx=a-6574501d~d-c1cb7053~f-8b537d96&_p_rfs=1&_x_ads_channel=facebook&_x_ads_c reative_id=120206772844980753&_x_ads_id=1202067728 38430753&_x_ads_set=120206772818440753&_x_ads_sub_ channel=shopping&_x_ns_catalog_id=769325424179004& _x_ns_gid=601099519226339&_x_ns_placement=Facebook _Desktop_Feed&_x_ns_product_id=17592227719935&_x_n s_site_id=100&_x_ns_source=fb&mrk_rec=1&_x_from=fb _dpa&_x_ads_account=1331121528280558&fbclid=IwAR1r _mvJM43caTyGUtvR6OZrgGBKKetVg8WYATW37W43k7UOqON49E JM9Nk&is_back=1

The above link is for woodworking related stuff. Try searching for woodworking, router,, tools, etc.

I have bought a number of small things from them, all with very reasonable shipping and the quality has been good (except don't buy the digital .01" resolution calipers for $4)

Also be warned that a lot of tools and fasteners are in metric sizes
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-08-2024, 02:26 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • samhg
    Handtools only
    • Mar 2024

great post.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

I never gave Temu much thought. I still have a couple of full sticks of Rockler T track left over from prior projects, But boy I wish that was available back then. WAY cheaper than Rockler, or even Amazon...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        LCHIEN commented
        Editing a comment
        Most of the T-track is metric. You have to do some careful calculations to make sure it can be used with 1/4-20 hex head bots, or use T-nuts of SAE or metric measure.
        I like the T-track that accepts 1/4-20 hex head bolts which means the narrow part of the slot is a little larger than .250 inches to accept the shank and the wider part of the slot is between .438 inches and .495 inches. The wider part of the slot also has to be greater than about 0.17" to pass the head.
        The usual T-track for table saws miter slots is conveniently 19 mm/3/4" almost exactly.
    • dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

That complicates things for sure. I am already deep into the Rockler T track, when I needed piecemeal bits I have used the Powertec stuff from Amazon a lot as well. That is where my flip stops came from... Good thing I don't need more T track.
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

I sourced Temu for s set of 4 red 90 degree angle clamps, (angle bars, threaded rods and their knobs)before Christmas. Their prices were much less than I found local. I also purchased a number of sticks of t track with the same shipment. When it arrived the t track was missing from the plastic bags it was shipped in. One email and they had replacements on the way. I re-ordered the same angle clamp sets for Christmas presents.

I also ordered a Micro Adjustment device that was advertised to fit a bandsaw fence or something like that. I figured that I could make it fit my Incra Miter gauge fence. It was also a very nicely machined device, but I was not able to affix it to my Incra fence. When they asked for a review I gave them a good review, great price, quick delivery, high quality machine work etc, but that I was unable to adapt it to my machine. You would have thought that I had kicked their dog. Several emails back and forth explaining that I was pleased with the product and service and price but they were still upset I didn’t give them a great review… which I thought I did. I finally stopped replying to their emails, and won’t review anything I order from them, too much culture difference.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

when I started woodworking (2000 or so), Rockler T-track did not accept 1/4-20 bolts, but only took some T-bolts that looked like toilet bolts.
          I think I got some and it was really inconvenient because the bolts were hard to find in lengths and not cheap but the 1/4-20 were readily available at any hardware store in any lengths.

Later Rockler changed their T-track to be compatible with everyone elses that take 1/4-20 bolts.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

So years ago Debi decided for Christmas probably 2008 or so, to buy me a bunch of those Rockler T Track kits that came with like 3 36" tracks, T bolts and star knobs aplenty. Most of them are 5/16" probably all.... I have integrated them into my router table fence, router / table saw extension table, miter saw bench, and jigs, lots of funky jigs.

Comment

Working...