• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

new brand of fence clamp

I've touted fence clamps before. https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...amp-comparison

Lowes has some new ones from Milescraft at an attractive price, cheaper than Rockler and maybe local to you.

I have not seen these in person so I can't vouch for them. Use your judgement.

Shop Milescraft FenceClamps Aluminum Fence Clamp - 5-1/2-in Jaw Opening - Silver - Fits 3/8-in Hole - Steel Threaded Components - Range 1/2-in to 5-3/4 in the Clamps department at Lowe's.com. These compact, lightweight fence clamps allow you to secure a wide variety of shop-made auxiliary fences to your existing fences without the clamp getting in

Click image for larger version

Name:	milescraft fence clamps.JPG
Views:	512
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	845899
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Should be as good a Rockler fence clamps that sell for $20 a pair.

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

I'll look for them tomorrow morning (Fri) when I am at Lowes/HD/HF.

ORDERED, 2 pair!
      Last edited by leehljp; 11-05-2021, 12:07 PM.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by leehljp
        I'll look for them tomorrow morning (Fri) when I am at Lowes/HD/HF.
        None of the Lowe's store local to me have them, They can be shipped to store for free pickup Nov 11 (one week).

You can check local availability on the Lowes website. If they have it it will tell you the quantity, aisle and shelf location, too.
        Last edited by LCHIEN; 11-04-2021, 10:15 PM.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• nicer20
          Established Member
          • Sep 2007
          • Dublin, CA
          • BT3100

I have been also influenced by @LCHIEN.

I already have the Rockler ones that I have been using for attaching a longer sacrificial crosscut fence. Actually I had these as a part of the right angle clamping kit but forgotten about them until I came across a few articles (Loring's especially) and I searched for mine and started using them.

Now I built a tall fence from Loring's post (BT3000/BT3100 tall rip fence simple using fence clamps - The SawdustZone). I am tired of having to switch between these fences since I have only one set. Yesterday I saw a set of 4 of these Milescraft clamps on sale for $20. Have ordered a set (my cost is $10.xx for 4 after using a $10 Amazon coupon) - will let you know how they work after I receive them.

One thing I noticed in the picture is that the knobs on the Milescraft might be smaller which is a good thing. The Rockeler Knobs are big and they almost touch the table when used on the stock crosscut and rip fence which are 2" high.
          Last edited by nicer20; 07-10-2022, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• nicer20
            Established Member
            • Sep 2007
            • Dublin, CA
            • BT3100

These clamps arrived just as I was posting my message.

Glad with the purchase - they fit perfectly in the tall fence made using Loring's drawing (from this post - https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...g-fence-clamps) - see the photo.

A couple of things worth noting as advantages when compared to the Rockler version -

a. it has a rubber pad while Rockler's doesn't. A good feature to avoid marring the surface or having to add a piece of wood.
            b. the knobs are a bit smaller which is a good thing especially given the clearance between the clamp and the table surface.

OTOH I noticed the L bolts in all of them are a bit tight in the clamp body when compared to the Rockler which is smoother than butter. May be it will get smoother over time. Of course not at all a big deal since I hardly need to change that.
            Attached Files

Comment

• dbhost

dbhost
              commented
              Editing a comment
              I noticed the same thing about the smoothness of the threads on the bore dealing with the L bolt, mine are right at the end and sure enough seems to get smoother as I run it in / out. Only on one of them and it seems like a pretty common MFG burr in the thread. I was thinking of running the L rod all the way out, spraying the bore with some WD-40 and running the L rod through the other end a few times until the threads cleaned up a bit....
          • dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

I wasn't aware you wrote up about these last year. Yeah I snagged a pair, pretty nice, not perfect but sure works well for what I am doing. (Slght burr in the thread on the block part...).
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

Oh yeah, FWIW, I did a write up on my initial impressions of these clamps out of the box... If anyone is interested it is posted at https://www.daves-workshop.com/2022/...ry-useful.html
              Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Dedpedal
                Established Member
                • Feb 2020
                • Palm Coast Florida
                • One BT3000 in use and one for parts. Plus a BT3100

I have two pair. I can’t say a bad word about them.

Comment

Working...