Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Air cleaner sale at Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LPD9BDI...94feceb2653d_S

Amazon is advertising this Wen air cleaner, 3 speed with remote up to 400 CFM, dual filters (5 micron and 1 micron)
    for I think $102 which if I remember what I paid for my Delta Air Cleaner a few years back, is a pretty good price.
    Air flow compared to the Jet and Delta units is lower.

Compare before you buy but offhand this seems good to me if you've been wanting one to clean up the fine particles in your shop.
    This does have a timer which I added to use on mine for a couple of hours run after I finish in the shop.
    Catches and cleans up the fine suspended particles ejected by sanding, miter saws, etc that ca difficult to catch with a dust collector at the source.
    Figure the CFM of the unit and the vlume of your ship, you want something like 20 to 40 changes of air before timer goes off.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 07-14-2017, 03:27 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • woodturner
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2008
    • Western Pennsylvania
    • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LPD9BDI...94feceb2653d_S

Amazon is advertising this Wen air cleaner, 3 speed with remote up to 400 CFM, dual filters (5 micron and 1 micron)
    for I think $102 which if I remember what I paid for my Delta Air Cleaner a few years back, is a pretty good price.
    Close to the $89 lowest price from May 2017, according to 3C.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

That is a good price. I have been thinking of getting one. My enclosed AC/heated shop is about 250 square feet.
      That would do well for me, maybe more than I would need, but for the price, excellent.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

I think ever wood shop should have air filters. I run 2 Honeywell air purifiers in my shop. Each is rated for 390sf. These are the Hepa filter air purifiers that were the rage years ago when people started learning that smoking was bad for you and felt guilty that they were killing their kids and pets with second hand smoke! Now that smoking is not as popular these units show up in yard sales and thrift stores frequently. I've purchased 4 or 5 for no more than $35. Unlike others I've read about, I let mine run 24/7. Why turn them off? Let them scrub the air. The ones in the house also run 24/7, we like the quiet roar, it helps muffle my wife's snoring.
        capncarl

Comment

• tfischer
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2003
          • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
          • BT3100

I have that exact air cleaner, I got mine through woot.com which is owned by Amazon. After a couple years the remote died... my wife called Wen and they shipped out a new one for free.

They seem to be identical to the Jet and Grizzly ones. They do collect a lot of dust, every so often I'll take out the filters and blow them outside.

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2007
            • Buena Park, CA
            • CM 21829

Very closely resembles the little Rikon I bought a while back, which has been working great for me. This looks like a good price.
            Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

Looks a lot like the smaller model of the Grizzly in a different color. Awesome price for that!
              Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...