• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phrog
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by lago
    I stopped at 2 different HD's in Austin this past week and according to Customer Service at each store, 36 were in stock. I didn't have time to have someone look for me on the 1st store.

Yesterday, I stopped at another HD and had several people looking for them. According to one guy, they had 36 in inventory as a 'floater'. According to him, that is an individual display.

Left them my name/phone # but nothing yet.

Lago
    I've gotten the same story twice over the last week and a half after making two trips to the same store. It seems they are well-hidden at my nearest store.
    Richard

Comment

• trungdok
      Established Member
      • Oct 2012
      • MA

Well, I decided to get one and (I guess I was lucky) there was a whole stack of them at my HD. I figured I could use them to go squid fishing. It's pretty bright with the C batteries. I tried them with AA and it's still pretty bright.

Comment

• lago
        Established Member
        • Nov 2003
        • Lago Vista, TX.

Had a call from HD and they found them on overhead storage. Got one this a.m.
        Lago

Comment

• Texsun66
          Forum Newbie
          • Dec 2003
          • San Jose, CA.

Picked one up today. It is awesome. My son and lit up the yard with it as we'll as the neighbor's kitchen. ;-)

Comment

• BigguyZ
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2006
            • Minneapolis, MN
            • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I'm traveling in St. Louis, and tried the HD there. 36 received a week ago. The guy checked everywhereand ccouldn't find any. I'll keep trying.

Comment

• Lonnie in Orlando
              • May 2003
              • Orlando, FL, USA.
              • BT3000

On cardboard floor display in flashlight aisle - HD East Colonial, Orlando.

I'm starting to think that the Defiant rep started this whole Internet buzz, then delayed sales to build demand. Worked for me. I bought one today even though I didn't really need it!

- Lonnie

EDIT ... Did you see the post count on this thread? Over 2,100 !!!
              Last edited by Lonnie in Orlando; 02-09-2013, 06:29 PM.
              OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all

Comment

• tommyt654
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2008

"EDIT ... Did you see the post count on this thread? Over 2,100 !!! "

Groupies,lol

Comment

• leehljp
                  Just me
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Tunica, MS
                  • BT3000/3100

I sure wanted to get one or to but they don't list them as available in a HD within 50 miles of me - the Whole Memphis area. They are not listed in the Springfield MO area either, or I would have had my daughter get me one.

I have not been able to order them either.

The Memphis area HDs have Defiants but only small 150 lumen lights.
                  Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• phrog
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2005
                    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Isn't it odd that so many of us are getting the same story in different parts of the country: the computer shows 36 in stock but no one knows where they are located and no one can find them. Just seems a little strange.
                    Richard

Comment

• tommyt654
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2008

They could very well be sitting out in a aisle somewhwere and no one knows it, tho I doubt that. If ya really want one I would take that SKU number given in the 1st post and call the store Mgr. you frequent ask him to do an inventory search and if they say they have them ask him to find them before you call the corporate office,9 outta 10 times it will get results very quickly or simply call the customer service number and tell them whats going on where you live and I'm pretty sure you'll have results in 24 hrs or less. They are great light IMHO and well worth the money.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                        Internet Fact Checker
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Katy, TX, USA.
                        • BT3000 vintage 1999

how about the rechargeable li-ion battery flashlights using cree xml LEDs 1000 and 500 lumens for $20 and $14 respectively at amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

With a 3000mA lithium battery a charge will last about half of what the Defiant lasts, but the charge should last a while. Spare batteries and chargers are not too expensive and available.
                        Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-10-2013, 11:13 AM.
                        Loring in Katy, TX USA
                        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
                          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                          • Jun 2006
                          • So. Florida
                          • Delta

Originally posted by phrog
                          Isn't it odd that so many of us are getting the same story in different parts of the country: the computer shows 36 in stock but no one knows where they are located and no one can find them. Just seems a little strange.
                          There's a tractor trailer parked at one of the stores where I shop. Looks like it's been there a while. I wonder if they're in there.

Comment

• Lonnie in Orlando
                            • May 2003
                            • Orlando, FL, USA.
                            • BT3000

Hank:

I don't believe that the item will show up on an on-line search. A few minutes ago, I searched for the SKU# on the HD website for the store where I bought mine and it still returns "We're sorry, we could not find any matches for "639226" in Search All."

Call the store. Ask Customer Service to search SKU 639226 and ask for the location number. The location number will confirm that it is for sale in the store and will give the place in the aisle where it is located in the store. It will probably be on a cardboard floor display. There is no tag on the shelf for it. If it shows as "no home", then it is probably in the overhead steel racks or in a trailer as Cabinetman suggested.

BTW - I fired mine up last night. Yep - it's a bright lil bugger. My wife wants one too!

- Lonnie
                            OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all

Comment

• tommyt654
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2008

There are more powerful and smaller out there,kind like what Loring posted,but most are made in China and have no real warrantys to speak about and for the most part use expensive (tho rechargeable batteries),at least these do have a lifetime warranty. The older models I posted a while back weren't bad either but they are long gone.hope those that gottem enjoy,hope those that don't will gettem eventually and we'll see over time how well they hold up, but for now most of the coyotes and neighbors hate it

Comment

• leehljp
                                Just me
                                • Dec 2002
                                • Tunica, MS
                                • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by Lonnie in Orlando
                                Hank:

I don't believe that the item will show up on an on-line search. A few minutes ago, I searched for the SKU# on the HD website for the store where I bought mine and it still returns "We're sorry, we could not find any matches for "639226" in Search All."

Call the store. Ask Customer Service to search SKU 639226 and ask for the location number. The location number will confirm that it is for sale in the store and will give the place in the aisle where it is located in the store. It will probably be on a cardboard floor display. There is no tag on the shelf for it. If it shows as "no home", then it is probably in the overhead steel racks or in a trailer as Cabinetman suggested.

BTW - I fired mine up last night. Yep - it's a bright lil bugger. My wife wants one too!

- Lonnie
                                THANKS Lonnie! I will do that!
                                Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...