X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Remember those Defiant Flashlights :)

Well they are back with a vengance at HD for $22.97, But these are brighter and larger and throw much more light from the same 3 ,c-cell batterys, not on the store shelves yet in most places but becoming available rapidly with a Feb placement date on all. I purchased 3 of the others and have for the most part been very satisfied with them as we have coyotes in our area neighborhood and I carry one with me when walkin the dogs as they have a nice bright beam that seems to frighten them off,these however reportedly these have a much more intense beam as well as reportedly a 1/2 mile carrying power (doubtful, but I won't know till tonight), here's a small story about them , http://budgetlightforum.com/node/17899 , so if your in the need for a sunstantially bright handheld I would suggest you venture down to your local HD with this SKU 639226 in hand as my store had not had them out on display yet either before they disappear
  • phrog
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Wow! Thanks, Tommy. I think I'll get one of these when they arrive here. My question though is: "How long will the C-cells last throwing out that much light?"
    Richard
    Richard

Comment

• tommyt654
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2008

5 hours according to the instructions,but thats really doubtful, I have seen where folks are takin the 3 AAA plastic holders and using them instead of the c-cells,heven't tried it yet but supposedly that bumps it up to 3 watts," Tommy put that thing down your gonna put an eye out",I will post pics later to show any significant difference. I can tell already the spot is much more well defined and twice as bright,but I need to replace batterys with new ones for a good comparison.

Comment

• phrog
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2005
        • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by tommyt654
        5 hours according to the instructions,but thats really doubtful, I have seen where folks are takin the 3 AAA plastic holders and using them instead of the c-cells,heven't tried it yet but supposedly that bumps it up to 3 watts," Tommy put that thing down your gonna put an eye out",I will post pics later to show any significant difference. I can tell already the spot is much more well defined and twice as bright,but I need to replace batterys with new ones for a good comparison.
        Wow, that's amazing. My store doesn't show any yet - I'll keep lookin.'
        Richard

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

We have at least a half dozen flashlights around that don't work, or work long enough to keep you in the dark. It's either the bulb, batteries, or the switch. So, I'm game for something new. LOML bought one of the wind up flashlights. So far it's her favorite.

Comment

• tommyt654
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2008

Well these things are like a flame thrower when it comes to a light source. My new nextdoor neighbors apparently were watching tv last night and perhaps my testing aroused their curiosity when I lit up their backyard and the woods and treeline behind them last night as I was testing its capabilties and they came out on their deck to see what the heck was going on.He's going to go buy one today as it was rather impressive. Its easily twice as good as the other unit and the spot now throws significantly more light a great deal farther than its predecessor as the cattle field across the way I was able to light up the entire field and get a reflection of the cattles eyes bedded down well over 300 yrds away. Should work nicely on the walks as well as lighting up any area if needed. I would highly recommend one for any in need of a nicely built handheld yet smaller and lighter than say one of those million candlepower styled handhelds for around the same amount or less money. I'm putting one in the truck as well as 2 more for the home. I'm quite sure anyone purchasing will be pleased with its performance.

Comment

• BigguyZ
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2006
              • Minneapolis, MN
              • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Seems like a good deal. But holy crap, I gotta say it's a big sucker. Also, I can't believe how much those guys are into flashlights.

Comment

• DLyon
                Forum Newbie
                • Feb 2006

I'm more impressed

there is a forum dedicated to flashlights than the deal itself.

Comment

• BigguyZ
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2006
                  • Minneapolis, MN
                  • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Stopped by my HD, and they had 36 in stock. However they couldn't find them so I came away with nothin . But at least the manager took my name and phone# in case he found them.

Comment

• trungdok
                    Established Member
                    • Oct 2012
                    • MA

I want one of these, but using C battery kind of throw me off.

Comment

• Raffi
                      Established Member
                      • Sep 2003
                      • CA, USA.

The lights are set to be on the floor on 2/4, a promotional item. Look for them then. I managed to get a hold of one, very nice for $24. I'll bet they go fast.

Comment

• tommyt654
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2008

Nice to have in bad weather

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2007
                          • Buena Park, CA
                          • CM 21829

I bought 2. Provides good light; was fun to play the very bright spot on trees 2 blocks away...
                          Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• DeuceLee
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Jan 2008

i should get two of them...zip tie them to each side of my mirrors, instant HID's!

Comment

• tommyt654
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2008

Kinda like having a handheld light saber

Comment

Working...