Ryobi 12in Drill Press - Clearance (Discontinued)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • duncsuss
    Established Member
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by dbhost
    Your results are quite stunning. I haven't ever heard of one of these being a dud, let alone 2 in a row... I have heard less than nice things about the 10" model, but the 12" always seems to get good reviews, and very few posts of any troubles...
    Guess I'm lucky that way ...

Ended up going back to Home Depot (yet) again this morning, one of the garage door support springs blew out yesterday.

Luckily no-one hurt and nothing broken -- the replacements have safety cables running through the inside of the springs.

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2007
      • Buena Park, CA
      • CM 21829

Glad no one was hurt, and that your report didn't say "Third DP was perfect until the support spring hit it"

You're getting a workout for sure transporting and assembling those, and sorry to hear it. I'll consider myself lucky for everything working out of the box first time.

I will say that I made them pull every box off the stack till I found one that looked mint, not like it had fallen off the forklift. out of 5 in stock, only one good box...
      Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• duncsuss
        Established Member
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bill in Buena Park
        ... "Third DP was perfect until the support spring hit it"
        that thought hadn't even occurred to me!

Comment

• JoeyGee
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2005
          • Sylvania, OH, USA.
          • BT3100-1

Has anyone seen these on clearance anywhere else? I have not seen them throughout MI and NW OH. The stores I have seen them in don't appear to have them in stock, other than the display.

I may have to end up making an offer on a beat to crap display, or find one in a box, pay full price, and see if I can get an adjustment down the road. Of course, I wouldn't mind paying full price for this DP, but if I don't have to...
          Joe

Comment

• jking
            • May 2003
            • Des Moines, IA.
            • BT3100

I checked one HD in my area last night & while it looked like they only had a couple, there was nothing mentioning a clearance. Still $179.

Comment

• Cochese
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by JoeyGee
              Has anyone seen these on clearance anywhere else? I have not seen them throughout MI and NW OH. The stores I have seen them in don't appear to have them in stock, other than the display.

I may have to end up making an offer on a beat to crap display, or find one in a box, pay full price, and see if I can get an adjustment down the road. Of course, I wouldn't mind paying full price for this DP, but if I don't have to...
              I've seen a display marked down to around $130, but that was it. Didn't look into it as I wasn't interested.
              I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• JoeyGee
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2005
                • Sylvania, OH, USA.
                • BT3100-1

Finally found one marked down to $161. I figure they will go lower soon, but I wanted to make sure I got one. Thanks, Bill, for posting it originally.

As an aside, the HD I bought it at (Jackson, MI) had the 1301 planer on clearance, but only about $220. The HD's around me (Toledo) have the planer marked down to $194, but have not marked down the DP. I even had them check the price in the system.

It's weird how these chains do their mark downs. I have yet to see any decent clearance deal at Lowes that pop up elsewhere from time to time.
                Joe

Comment

• Cochese
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2010

I was going to mention the planer as well. Seems to be a widespread if not universal clearance.

Did pick up a couple of the low-brand clearance at Lowes recently, I forget what they call it. Got a 18v drill and tool set for $20 (cheaper than buying another One+ drill) and a circular saw for $10. Not too impressed with the circ, but I plan on replacing the blade and making a quasi-tracksaw with it and see how it improves. Much more power than my One+ saw (what a turd), but it's definitively doesn't track true.
                  I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• tommyt654
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2008

I saw this recently at FW and thought I would post the link for those who might be interested, could be coming soon to a store near you. No verification on this as of yet. Still waiting on the receipt scan, http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1129215/

Comment

• toolbelt diva
                      Established Member
                      • Oct 2004
                      • Houston, TX, USA.
                      • Ryobi BT3100-1

Originally posted by tommyt654
                      I saw this recently at FW and thought I would post the link for those who might be interested, could be coming soon to a store near you. No verification on this as of yet. Still waiting on the receipt scan, http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1129215/
                      WOW! Unfortunately the HDs here never have any good clearance prices that I've been able to find, but if that receipt shows up I'll give it a try (and sell of my 10" Ryobi DP).
                      Rita

Comment

• mrhans
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Oct 2011
                        • Chicago, Illinois 60640

Havent seen any big discouynts here in Chicago. Will post up about it when I do.

Comment

• TCAS
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Feb 2006

I came across this article and video for maintenance and tune-up of this drill press...

Woodworker's Journal: Drill Press Maintenance - Skill Builder Power Tool Tune-Up Series

Comment

• JoeyGee
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2005
                            • Sylvania, OH, USA.
                            • BT3100-1

Awesome find on the video, I really appreciate it. Although, Sandor N's nails are going to haunt me...
                            Joe

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2007
                              • Buena Park, CA
                              • CM 21829

+1 on the tuneup find. Thanks for posting.
                              Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• duncsuss
                                Established Member
                                • Oct 2009

Ditto what Joe and Bill said ... I've bookmarked it alongside Sandor's article on bandsaw tune-up.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...