• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • herb fellows
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • New York City
    • bt3100

Went to 3 hd's, third ones a charm. They had the dw and ridgid 4 piece kits, but no sale on either one.
    I had CS check the computer and they showed the DW at $379 and the Ridgid kit at $249.
    Individually, the circ saw and the drill go for $199 each at HD, so this kit is a smokin' buy at $199, if you can get it.

In case anyone doesn't know, you can go to CS and have them check other stores for inventory so you don't have to go to each one.

I assume that the CS computer is going to show the same price as the register? Anyone know anything different?
    You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• tommyt654
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2008

Go back early tomorrow morning, I heard that some stores would not have this in their system till tomorrow or possibly later.

Comment

• herb fellows
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • New York City
        • bt3100

Thanks, Tommy.
        You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• atomdawg
          Forum Newbie
          • Apr 2007
          • chester county, pa

Call Around...Different Stores, Different Sale Time

Originally posted by herb fellows
          Went to 3 hd's, third ones a charm. They had the dw and ridgid 4 piece kits, but no sale on either one.
          I had CS check the computer and they showed the DW at $379 and the Ridgid kit at $249.

Hey Herb, I had the same outcome you did...full price at the store, no-way it could be on sale (other than the 6 piece kit), the CS person checked multiple stores, several states.....then..

........I got home and called another store 9 miles from first...the sale was on. Random! (and Herb, thanks for listing the deals you found in the past..)

TOMMY - I keep hoping to find your deal on the bandsaw or drill press....maybe the prices will fall in our area. Would love the TS but too heavy for my car and house! (1700's house with old tree trunks for joists...but shakes like a bowl of jello!)

Comment

• tommyt654
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2008

I love old house,s like that reminds me of when I was a kid in Asheville. The whole house would shake as we ran through it. Good luck hunting the elusive Lowes deals. Now if I can just get out of this D**N apt and back into a house to start building furniture again.

Comment

• herb fellows
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2007
              • New York City
              • bt3100

For all you new 4511 owners, there's a pretty good assembly write up on Lumberjocks, and a lot of good comments also.

http://lumberjocks.com/reviews/781

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                The Full Monte
                • May 2007
                • Sunshine State
                • BT3000

One HD store manager hereabouts told me there was nothing going on, but the manager in another location told me just this morning that Thursday was "the day" in his store, and while not offering any details, he added with a wink that I'd be wise to "get here early"...

Comment

• BrentM
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Jun 2009
                  • central fl
                  • craftsman

got the granite

My closest HD (Lakeland, FL) has the sale. Grabbed the granite top for $299. A forklift, 2 workers and myself put it in the minivan. 450lbs. No idea how I'll get it out!

I saw some of the other stuff too, but didnt have time to look.
                  Don't think of it as losing a finger. Think of it as gaining a nub.

Comment

• headhunter636
                    Established Member
                    • Jul 2004
                    • Federal Way, WA
                    • Ryobi BT 3000

Originally posted by BrentM
                    450lbs. No idea how I'll get it out!

Step 1: Open mini door
                    Step 2: Place vehicle in reverse
                    Step 3: Push accelerator to floor
                    Step 4: When approaching garage, release accelerator and push brake pedal to floor
                    Step 5: Clean up mess
                    Step 6: Enjoy your new saw.
                    Dave

BT3000

"98% of all statistics are made up"

Comment

• JSUPreston
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2005
                      • Montgomery, AL.
                      • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Originally posted by headhunter636
                      Step 1: Open mini door
                      Step 2: Place vehicle in reverse
                      Step 3: Push accelerator to floor
                      Step 4: When approaching garage, release accelerator and push brake pedal to floor
                      Step 5: Clean up mess
                      Step 6: Enjoy your new saw.
                      Dave, the one problem I see is with steps 4 & 5. How far will the saw fly before it hits the ground and stops? I'd hate to see it go through the back wall of a garage.

I'm still not sure of a granite countertop being used on a tool, although I understand the reasoning, but $299 for a saw and fence of that quality is amazing. If I had the money and didn't already have my Delta with the Bies, I'd be down at my local HD with the pickup...no stinkin' minivan is gonna be graced by the presence of my tools, unless SWMBO says so.
                      "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• RagerXS
                        • Feb 2003
                        • Brookline, NH, USA.

Originally posted by BrentM
                        No idea how I'll get it out!
                        When I have to unload heavy items solo, I simply open the box in the back of the truck and take it out a piece at a time. Takes more time, but my back and toes don't mind - and I'd hate to drop something like granite on my driveway...

Fred

Comment

• iceman61
                          • Oct 2007
                          • West TN
                          • Bosch 4100-09

Originally posted by RagerXS
                          When I have to unload heavy items solo, I simply open the box in the back of the truck and take it out a piece at a time. Takes more time, but my back and toes don't mind - and I'd hate to drop something like granite on my driveway...

Fred
                          This is how I do it too. Unless I have some friends close.

Comment

• lab123
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Jan 2009
                            • Central Illinois
                            • Delta Unisaw

Thanks to the posters of this deal, I snagged the Rigid table saw and the milwaukee SCMS this morning at two different stores, but they are going fast of course. Good luck & keep hunting.

Lab123

Comment

• tbarn
                              Established Member
                              • Jun 2004
                              • PA, USA.
                              • BT3100

Thanks for the post, I am going to pick up my r4511 saw.
                              I hope it was a good decision since I really like my BT3. It has served me well and I am not sure why I need another saw, except for the bigger table and powerful motor.
                              But my BT3 is in mint condition so I should be able to get at least $100-$150 for it and all the accessories.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                                The Full Monte
                                • May 2007
                                • Sunshine State
                                • BT3000

Originally posted by tbarn
                                Thanks for the post, I am going to pick up my r4511 saw.
                                I hope it was a good decision since I really like my BT3. It has served me well and I am not sure why I need another saw, except for the bigger table and powerful motor.
                                But my BT3 is in mint condition so I should be able to get at least $100-$150 for it and all the accessories.
                                If you have the room, keep the BT and set it up as a dedicated dado saw (many darksiders have done this). You'll be surprised how often you use a dado setup if you've got one standing by, already set to your favorite thickness of plywood or dimensional lumber...

Comment

Working...