• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burrellski
    Established Member
    • Dec 2005
    • Saint Joseph, MO.

Bosch 10.8V Litheon Impactor $99 @ BORG

Was in the BORG yesterday and they had 3 Bosch 10.8V Litheon Impactor pocket impact drivers (PS40-2) on clearance for $99, down from the usual $179. And as an added bonus, Bosch has a mail in rebate going on now for a free pocket driver (PS20) if you purchase any of the Litheon compact tools. I picked one up and so far, I am impressed. Its not quite an 18V impact driver, but its a really nice tool, great size, and will work well in the woodshop and around the house.

Amazon and Lowes currently have the PS40-2 on clearance for about $150 and the Bosch mail in rebate would apply to those as well.
  • Thalermade
    • Dec 2002
    • Ohio
    • BT 3000

I saw this as well this morning. The yellow price label at HD did not list it is as clearance. So you can always try to price match with Lowes and/or use your $10 off Visa coupon.

Kind of wondering if Bosch is bringing out an update of these units.

Russ

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

My local store, only had the PS20 for that price. (been looking for the impactor/bargain)
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• RHunter
        Established Member
        • Mar 2004
        • Mechanicsville, VA, USA.
        • BT3100

Any chance of posting your receipt? Sometimes you can get a manager to honor the price another BORG used..
        "You should give blood on a regular basis.."
        "Why I do of course, I'm a woodworker..."

Comment

• burrellski
          Established Member
          • Dec 2005
          • Saint Joseph, MO.

Originally posted by RHunter
          Any chance of posting your receipt? Sometimes you can get a manager to honor the price another BORG used..
          My receipt is already in the mail to Bosch for the free PS20

Comment

• RHunter
            Established Member
            • Mar 2004
            • BT3100

Fair enough! I did the same thing when I bought my PS-10!!

Thx!

Comment

• burrellski
              Established Member
              • Dec 2005
              • Saint Joseph, MO.

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
              My local store, only had the PS20 for that price. (been looking for the impactor/bargain)
              Come on up to St Joe. I'll pick one up and hold on to it for ya if you want.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2005
                • Independence, MO, USA.
                • bt3100

Must have been a new thing today. Earlier last week, it was "marked down" from $199 to $179, today, I swung by there (on the way to work) and they had one (very ripped open box) for $99.
                I got to work and called my father (he is the one who has been looking more then me), and told him.
                He says thanks.

No good deed goes unpunished.
                My money is tied up elsewhere (nephews car project), someone tried to steal it (with a non working motor/hydrolocked), and as it has the chip in the key, I don't know what it will take to fix, yet.
                She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• RHunter
                  Established Member
                  • Mar 2004
                  • BT3100

To quote..

"It's true! It's true! It's true!"

I stopped by BORG this morning on the way to work, and sure enough, they have the PS-40 for $99. Needless to say- they have one less in their inventory.

I guess since HD started selling the Milwaukee Impact Driver, they are phasing out the Bosch drivers.

Now if they would only carry the Milwaukee Jig Saws so I can get a 1590 on clearance too!

Comment

• unknown poster
                    Established Member
                    • Jan 2006

I saw this somewhere else and came here to post it, but I'm too late.

I'll add that there are $10 off $25 coupons to Lowes floating around, and many HD's will accept them. My PS40 was $89. I've been coveting one of these for a long time but refused to pay the asking price, at this price I had to jump.

I really like it so far, it has a ton of power but it is a bit slow when it starts to impact. I drove a 3 1/2" deck screw through a vertical 2x4 and into a horizontal 2x4. It pushed the screw head into the vertical piece until the bit lost contact, probably about 3/4". At no time did it appear to be under any stress, it just kept twisting until I gave up.

Comment

• jussi
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2007

I already have one but told my brother about it. He was able to use the Lowes coupon plus got another $30 off for signing up for a credit card. So $60 before taxes. Less than what I paid and no free drill
                      I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• prd
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Feb 2006
                        • SF Bay Area, California

Thanks!

Thanks to the original poster for this one. With the tool manager's help at my local HD, we found a stash of three in Hercules, CA. (There is 1 fewer now! ). Pittsburg, CA shows 6, and only the display model is available in Martinez. The Concord HD is sold out. The Concord, CA "Home Depot Design Center" has two but they're not yet on clearance, and strangely they won't price match their own stores.

According to the HD tool manager, the impact driver is being dropped because of slow sales (at $179). The other two Bosch drivers in the line sell much better and will continue to be stocked. There is no push to switch over to Milwaukee, though they are testing sales with their $129 driver.

Hope the stock info helps someone local.
                        --PRD

Comment

• gatordogs2
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Aug 2007
                          • So.Florida
                          • 22114 soon

To all buyers, don't forget to mail your receipt to Bosch for your Free PS20.

BTW, I got a UPS package from Bosch yesterday. I quickly opened it anticipating my free PS20. Low and behold, I got 2 PS20's. Not sure why 2 were sent but I'm not complaining.
                          What if there is no tomorrow?....there wasn't one today!

-Barry

Comment

• billfrommich
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Jan 2007

Also picked one up for $99.00. Mine came with a 10.8V flashlight (a "$40.00 value",without battery) shrunk wrapped to the box. They also had the I Driver for $99, which I passed on but now I'm wondering about it as well.

Comment

• skamath
                              Established Member
                              • Sep 2006
                              • san diego, ca
                              • BT3100, 22124

i bought one from mira mesa, san diego store (no flashlight.) they had two more. the display was marked at $179 with no mention of the PS20 rebate, which is why they are probably still around.

if anybody wants, i can do the good deed of buying and shipping it for them, but you should probably check your nearby stores first.

Comment

Working...