This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SARGE..g-47

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
    I am relocating. I will be talent coordinator. I run a tight ship.
    Morning Jeff...

Where ya headed too.. ? My parents in-law from Pennsylvania just moved down to escape the winters and it looks as though another sister is following suit. They might as well as they show up about 9 months out of the year anyway! Her brother has been down 22 years and is a machine shop foreman at Delta Air Lines. If I had put in a pool ( I intentionally didn't), they would have been down years ago.

Gotta get down to the shop as the "new bed" I started 3 weeks ago sits on the work-bench. Hoped to have it finished by last week-end but it looks like maybe this Sunday if there are no more delays. I can't afford delays as the "red-hot", younger (12 years) little Dutch girl from Pennsylvania I married is waiting patiently in the bedroom for her new bed.

Time's a wastin' and it ain't waitin' on me....

Regards...

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by SARGE..g-47
      Morning Jeff...

Where ya headed too.. ? My parents in-law from Pennsylvania just moved down to escape the winters and it looks as though another sister is following suit. They might as well as they show up about 9 months out of the year anyway! Her brother has been down 22 years and is a machine shop foreman at Delta Air Lines. If I had put in a pool ( I intentionally didn't), they would have been down years ago.

Gotta get down to the shop as the "new bed" I started 3 weeks ago sits on the work-bench. Hoped to have it finished by last week-end but it looks like maybe this Sunday if there are no more delays. I can't afford delays as the "red-hot", younger (12 years) little Dutch girl from Pennsylvania I married is waiting patiently in the bedroom for her new bed.

Time's a wastin' and it ain't waitin' on me....

Regards...
      Just a joke. You know, you mentioned Cheeta one of my all time fav places . . . .

Comment

• herb fellows
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • New York City
        • bt3100

Originally posted by tedkitch
        I got mine yesterday and set it up. All of the stops were of, but after getting the table set to both 0 and 45 degrees and the belt sander setup properly to 0 and 90 degrees, I ran it for about an hour and man I like it. This is the first Hitachi tool that I've ever purchased and I like it. Seems to be a very good tool for the value.

Only negative that I have is that the belt was so poorly aligned from the factory that when I turned it one for the first time the blasted thing slid left and ate into the plastic shroud. Not too much of a blemish, but one nonetheless.
        Yeah, that and the #32 screw being loose and causing vibration at shutdown are the 2 issues i had. I shot a email to Hitachi to let them know, who knows if that does any good.
        You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• Pappy
          The Full Monte
          • Dec 2002
          • San Marcos, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 (x2)

Ordered mine on Sunday but paid $108. Scheduled delivery in Monday the 3rd.
          Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
          Fools because they have to say something.
          Plato

Comment

• herb fellows
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • New York City
            • bt3100

Originally posted by jtrcy
            So for those of you that recieved yours already - have you noticed that it's kindof loud and has a lot of vibration?

I recieved mine today, and maybe it's just wishful thinking, but it seems like there's too much vibration - like maybe there's some belt slappin going on.

I've adjusted the drive belt adjust bolt but I'm gonna have to open up the bottom to make sure it's where it ought to be adjustment wise.

I'm tempted to buy one at Lowes and compare and return the less noisy of the pair.

Lest anyone have a problem with me doing that to Lowes - Me and Lowes are not happy together right now cause they've black-balled me from returning anything without a receipt.

(I'm a licensed contractor and probably spent $25,000.00 last year - when you do that you sometimes need to return things without receipts...)

So what do you all think about the noise/vibration of your sander units?

Thanks,

Julian
            Once I fixed the belt tension, it's not bad. Minimal vibration. As far as bolting it down, I've tried it bolted and not, no noticeable difference to me, but to be fair that's not under a heavy load, then it might make a difference.
            Got very good customer service from them through email though, like they actually knew what they were talking about, and gave me a phone # to call if the original advice didn't work out. I was impressed.
            You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• Shipwreck
              Forum Newbie
              • Mar 2005

I just bought the Hitachi SB10YI yesterday at Lowes for $129.00. It is a pretty good machine for the price. I needed one badly, because I have been doing some curvy work on the bandsaw. I was unaware of the sale at Amazon.............but then again, Murphy's law always follows me around when I am buying tools. I think you guys will really like the sander. I used it for about 15-20 minutes yesterday and I am very satisfied with it so far.
              Last edited by Shipwreck; 03-02-2008, 08:04 AM. Reason: info

Comment

Working...