• Show
Clear All
  • kevincan
    Established Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Central Illinois
    • Craftsman 21829

Amazon - Hitachi SB10YI Belt/Disc sander $79

Amazon has the Hitachi SB10YI Belt Disc sander for $129 - 50 discount (Code 6MQ7TCA3). This also has free shipping.

You can see a review of this in the tool review forum.

You should see the code under Special Offers on Amazon.
  • radhak
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • Miramar, FL
    • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Wow - that's a good deal.

Actually, it seems to be better - looks like there's a 20% discount to be applied too - so that should make it 129 - 26 - 50 = $54. Or am i being over-optimistic?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - Aristotle

Comment

• p8ntblr
      • Jan 2007
      • So Cal
      • Craftsman 22114

The 20% is for an power tool accessory when you buy a qualifying power tool. The sander is a qualifying power tool.
      Last edited by p8ntblr; 11-04-2007, 08:24 PM.
      -Paul

Comment

• FL Buckeye
        Established Member
        • Aug 2005
        • WC Florida and Crossville, TN
        • BT3100, Grizzly 1023SL

Also $50 off the DP and BS

Looks like Amazon also has $50 off the Hitachi B13F 10 inch Drill Press, which makes it $99. Also, the CB6YI 10 inch Tilting Head Bandsaw would be $129 after using the code for the $50 off. Both with free shipping.
        Lanny

The older you get, the better you used to be.

Comment

• Weverst
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2003
          • West Babylon, NY, USA.
          • BT 3000

I have one on order.

Hi all,
          I ordered one of these yesterday, $79.00 at Amazon , incl. free standard shipping and received a confirmation of the order to be received approx 11/19. I had to spend a few minutes to carefully read the instruction on how to get the discounts... well worth the effort.

Not in a rush to get it, as it will be part of my Christmas gift....... sometimes it is easier to get something and hand it off to be wrapped, than making the family crazy, looking for "Stuff for Dad".

With children in College, they appreciate the opportunity to "pool their resources" when gift giving at Christmas time. Besides, they love to "help Dad break in the new stuff"

I'll post an inital review, after opening after the holidays. (If I can wait that long...)

Regards
          Tony

Comment

• Dale In Corona
            Forum Newbie
            • Jan 2005
            • Corona, CA, USA.

Got one, Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
              The Full Monte
              • May 2007
              • Sunshine State
              • BT3000

Sweet deal... My old one needs a rest.

Comment

• sweensdv
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • WI
                • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

I also ordered one on Sunday night. On Monday I received an email notifying me that it had shipped and was scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, Wednesday. I didn't opt out for anything other than the standard free freight shipping either. Tracked the order with UPS and according to them it is scheduled to delivery tomorrow. That's pretty good service in my book.

A big thank you to Sarge for his excellent review of this sander.
                Last edited by sweensdv; 11-06-2007, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

You guys will love it if you don't have a need for a larger belt and disc. I purchased one 3-4 (?) months ago and have put it through the ringer, so to speak. Still quiet and powerful for a belt-disc and hooked to a 2 1/2" Shop-Vac the dust collection is superb.

But... I paid $149 retail, so y'all can kiss my southern arse.

And BTW... I don't know where they got the cast iron for the table, but don't get any moisture anywhere near it or you will have instant rust. Trust me on that one so.... as soon as you clean the cosmoline off the cast iron table, get a heavy coat of Boeshield T-9 on it and recoat it shortly after the first coat sets. Then wax the puppy and keep it waxed.

Since I Boeshielded it and added wax, no further problems but I certainly had one before the fact!
                  Last edited by Guest; 11-06-2007, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Weverst
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Jan 2003
                    • West Babylon, NY, USA.
                    • BT 3000

Just got an email that the unit was shipped and should be delivered tomorrow! (original delivery date was 11/19)
                    Gonna be tough to wait for Christmas!

Comment

• Rob25
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Dec 2006
                      • UP Michigan
                      • BT 3000

I also ordered the sander on Sunday, 79 shipped. Should be here tomarrow!

Comment

• tsbrewers
                        Established Member
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Rob25
                        I also ordered the sander on Sunday, 79 shipped. Should be here tomarrow!
                        mine too.

Brew

Comment

• kevincan
                          Established Member
                          • Oct 2006
                          • Central Illinois
                          • Craftsman 21829

I got mine today. To bad I won't have a chance to use it till this weekend.

Sarge - thanks for the tip on the cast iron table.

Kevin

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Originally posted by kevincan
                            I got mine today. To bad I won't have a chance to use it till this weekend.

Sarge - thanks for the tip on the cast iron table.

Kevin
                            You're quite welcome, Kevin.. Hopefully that will save you guys some clean up time and subsequent frustration unless you just like the look of a rust stained table.

In 35 years of having cast iron machines, I have never seen any that was that sensitive. Cast iron will rust in a jiffy with even the slightest moisture on it if not protected. But.. I had put a coat of Johnsons Paste Wax on it from the git-go. The machine was in my rear shop (1/2 basement with poured concrete walls and very climatized). The next morning the table was coated with rust and I truly mean coated. I checked for a leak in copper water pipes 10' over-head and none as expected.

So.... not having any problems in the main shop ( 2 car garage) as it is more sensitive to over-night changes in temperature and humidity, I don't have a clue on what caused what I would describe as rust that went "ballistic" over-night? Another mystery of life I suppose. The good news is the Boeshield T-9 licked the apparent problem.

Regards..

Comment

• thrytis
                              • May 2004
                              • Concord, NC, USA.
                              • Delta Unisaw

I just checked out mine. The table seems nice and heavy, but the miter gauge seems to be a bit of a joke!
                              Eric

Comment

Working...