Craftsman Professional 17 in. Drill Press 179.99 (normally 529)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrk67mark
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2006
    • Ocean Springs, MS
    • Grizzly G0478 hybrid

Just ordered mine, am waiting on "ready for pick up" e-mail. Now just wait and see.
    Mark

Comment

• mpauly
      Established Member
      • Apr 2006
      • NJ

I already have a DP but the bargain sleuth in me couldn't pass this one up. I figure I can always cancel, return or resell it if I change my mind.

Anyone need a HF 16 speed DP cheap?

Michael

edit: got my email confirm at $192 total with tax.
      Last edited by mpauly; 10-12-2007, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Scottw
        Forum Newbie
        • May 2006
        • Deep East Texas

I ordered at 10 AM and just got an email saying that they regret to inform me that my local store does not have one in stock so they have canceled my order.
        I called the local store and they said that they only had the display and were not going to sell that but they would order one in for the SALE price of $479.99!

Comment

• BadeMillsap
          • Dec 2005
          • Bulverde, Texas, USA.
          • Grizzly G1023SL

Addition to the SAGA ... ends well .. I THINK ...

OK ... Jumped in pickup drove the 30 miles to the store where my "available for pickup" email sent me ...

oops ... store manager tells me they tried to call (in fact have message when I got back) ... they don't have any in stock ... I was clearly not a happy camper and let him know ... so he said OK we will cancel this online order and order you one "in store" ... I asked "at same price??" he said "yes" ...

so I made him walk with me from the customer pickup area to the tools area .. and he got one of the clerks ... told him to order at the price on my "ready for pickup email" and give me additional discount for my trouble ... manager walked off ...

clerk canceled my online order and then rang up new sale ... it rang up at $479.99 (sign on floor model says $529) ... he looked at my email and said "no way... the manager clearly didn't know what he was doing ... " ... not so fast friend ... call that manager back over here -- I ain't leaving with out getting this for BETTER than $179.99 ... so 10 minutes later the manager comes over and says "yep .. I promised him that price + additional discount ... " ... they had to ring it up together (reason for discount - customer satisfaction) to get the discount down to $168 + tax ... NOW I have to wait until 11/1/07 to get it shipped to the store.

The clerk said he had had 4 people trying to buy one since this morning but I guess no one until me really pushed it.

Sweet .... if/when it actually arrives ... "drive out price" $181.65 after tax..
          "Like an old desperado, I paint the town beige ..." REK
          Bade Millsap
          Bulverde, Texas
          => Bade's Personal Web Log
          => Bade's Lutherie Web Log

Comment

• BasementJunkie
            Forum Newbie
            • Apr 2007

I tried to order one for delivery and it told me that the DP is no longer available.

Should have grabbed it earlier in the day while I could have...

Comment

• Bushmaster
              Forum Newbie
              • Apr 2007
              • Bellevue, Nebraska
              • Older Craftsman

Cross your digits

My buddy is ordering one for pickup. He is going to head out as soon as he finishes. Hopefully it will work out. The store shows it as available. I would have pulled the trigger, but I already have a beast DP and can't justify a new one, even at this incredible price. Since I told him about the deal, I can do some "proxy-gloating" with my buddy if he gets it. Probably work out some free beer in the deal too!

Comment

• bluzcat
                Forum Newbie
                • May 2003
                • Gosport, IN, USA.
                • BT-3100 & Jet Cabinet Saw

I bought online for in-store pick-up, says 3-5 days for availablity. I may check other local stores.
                \"He who dies with the most clamps, WINS!\"

Comment

• bfrikken
                  • Apr 2005
                  • Michigan, USA.
                  • BT-3100

wish i could have gotten one. I posted this hoping my wife would say ok.

Big fat no on this one. Congrats to those that can take advantage.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                    The Full Monte
                    • May 2007
                    • Sunshine State
                    • BT3000

Online order shows several of the central Florida stores have them available for pickup as I write this. Still shows the deep discount price on the website, so it's possible an order/quick pickup deal would still work here. I wish I didn't already have a nearly new big honkin' DP and could use this deal. Perhaps some other Florida BT3ers will be able to grab 'em before they're all gone.

Comment

• rockybrown
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Mar 2006

in for one but invoice says should be available in store in 20 to 22 days...

thanks op!

rb

i checked- there are none available in other store in the austin area.
                      Last edited by rockybrown; 10-12-2007, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Luckbox
                        Established Member
                        • Nov 2003
                        • Holly Springs, NC

Well I just ordered mine and was informed it will take 20-22 days for it to be delivered to my local Sears. Lets hope that the order doesn't get cancelled before then.
                        I love lamp.

Comment

• RED2GAUGE
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Dec 2005
                          • Santa Clarita, CA, USA.

sears.com wont let me order. I tried it twice already and i still have the item in the cart. I got as far as the billing in formation. But when i press continue, it goes back to the cart.

What i'm i doing wrong?

Comment

• Pakaderm
                            Established Member
                            • Jan 2004

I ordered it several hours ago, but I'm still waiting for the confirmation email.

I'm at work, and I was planning on stopping by Sears on the way home this afternoon, but I don't want to risk it being gone. Wonder if I should go pick it up now...

-Pak

Comment

• JSUPreston
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2005
                              • Montgomery, AL.
                              • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
                              HUH?!?!? There is supposed to be another step between seeing a tool and buying a tool?
                              There is at my house, especially since I fussed at her the other day for a lot of extra, unnecessary purchases.

BTW: She left it up to me.
                              "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• Lee4847
                                Established Member
                                • Feb 2006
                                • Canton, Oh
                                • BT3100

Bingo!! Just ordered and it is available at Canton!

Thanks!
                                Cut twice.... measure??

Comment

Working...