X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stray_shot
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2006

Fortunately, I saw the message about the discount and did not use it. Also wanted to report for those keeping track that my set arrived today. I think I ordered it on Friday. So, great service!

Comment

• Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

I don't usually check this part of the site, so I just saw the deal! Thank you, Brian. I'll be watching for them.

Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• JimK
        Forum Newbie
        • Feb 2003
        • Fairless Hills, PA
        • BT3100

I'm late jumping on this offer, but there are only about 3-4 bits from this set that I have a more immediate need for, at this price though all the others are a bonus.

Let's see, with the special pricing, BT3Central discount, rebates, price matching, and hidden code discounts, it looks like Holbren owes me $5.99. Just kidding... Thanks for the offer Brian.

Jim K.

Comment

• scorrpio
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • Wayne, NJ, USA.

Got my set yesterday. Bits look and feel good. The box was kinda weird though - the piece of wood holding the upper row of bits was not secured in any way. Not sure if that's by design - bits ARE easier to get out and back in that way.

Comment

• Holbren
            • Oct 2004
            • Heathrow, FL.

Originally posted by scorrpio
            Got my set yesterday. Bits look and feel good. The box was kinda weird though - the piece of wood holding the upper row of bits was not secured in any way. Not sure if that's by design - bits ARE easier to get out and back in that way.
            They just glue those rails in and once in a while one comes loose. Usually the heavier bits like 1/2" shanks. You can put a few brads in from the back but just don't hit any of the shanks
            Brian
            Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
            "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
            www.holbren.com

Comment

• Alex Franke
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2007
              • Chapel Hill, NC
              • Ryobi BT3100

Happy birthday, Holbren! (saw you on the front page)
              online at http://www.theFrankes.com
              while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
              "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• Holbren
                • Oct 2004
                • Heathrow, FL.

Originally posted by Alex Franke
                Happy birthday, Holbren! (saw you on the front page)
                Thanks Alex. Spent the day packing boxes and picking up more packing boxes. Wife is gonna treat me to a nice German dinner tomorrow night where they sell beer by the liter so hopefully that will make up for it
                Brian
                Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
                "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
                www.holbren.com

Comment

• Ed62
                  The Full Monte
                  • Oct 2006
                  • NW Indiana
                  • BT3K

Happy birthday, Brian. That German dinner sounds excellent!

Ed
                  Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• lrr
                    Established Member
                    • Apr 2006
                    • Fort Collins, Colorado
                    • Ryobi BT-3100

Originally posted by Holbren
                    Thanks Alex. Spent the day packing boxes and picking up more packing boxes. Wife is gonna treat me to a nice German dinner tomorrow night where they sell beer by the liter so hopefully that will make up for it
                    Happy BD, Brian. Enjoy the German meal. There is a German bakery in Loveland, close to where I live, that has UNBELIEVABLE pastries. We haven't eaten at the restarant, or bought any meats yet, but the pastries are the finest I've ever had.

By the way, I just ordered a set of router bits -- a great deal, thanks!
                    Lee

Comment

• Alex Franke
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2007
                      • Chapel Hill, NC
                      • Ryobi BT3100

I got home today to find my new router bit sets waiting for me! How very nice of you to arrange that for you birthday

(raising a liter)
                      Ein prosit, ein prosit, der gemutlichkeit! Eins! Zwei! Drei! G'suffa!
                      online at http://www.theFrankes.com
                      while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
                      "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• Cheeky
                        • Nov 2006
                        • westchester cty, new york
                        • Ridgid TS2400LS

Originally posted by lrr
                        Happy BD, Brian. Enjoy the German meal. There is a German bakery in Loveland, close to where I live, that has UNBELIEVABLE pastries. We haven't eaten at the restarant, or bought any meats yet, but the pastries are the finest I've ever had.

By the way, I just ordered a set of router bits -- a great deal, thanks!
                        dang, wish i knew about it when i went to CSU
                        Pete

Comment

• Ed62
                          The Full Monte
                          • Oct 2006
                          • NW Indiana
                          • BT3K

Debit card charge?

Brian,

I ordered a set of the router bits on the 7th, paid for with a debit card. As of this morning, my checking account does not show a charge from you. Is it typical to go that long before charging my account? I believe it was on the 8th that I was informed by the post office they were notified that the parcel was ready to go.

I'm not worried about not receiving it yet because I elected the 4 - 9 day wait for shipping, in case it would cost you more for earlier delivery. I just wanted to make sure you got paid for the set. Thanks again for the bargain!

Ed

Comment

• Ed62
                            The Full Monte
                            • Oct 2006
                            • NW Indiana
                            • BT3K

Please disregard my post earlier this morning. I just received my router bits, and the charge now shows up on our statement.

This looks like a lot more than I'll be using anytime soon. The bits are sharp, and an excellent buy IMHO.

Ed

Comment

• Woodwerker
                              Established Member
                              • Nov 2005

Got mine today....
                              Great Service, hard to beat 1/2" Shank bits for $20
                              GREAT DEAL
                              Thanks
                              Every tool you own is broken, you just don't know it yet :-)

Comment

• Mrk67mark
                                Forum Newbie
                                • Aug 2006
                                • Ocean Springs, MS
                                • Grizzly G0478 hybrid

Got mine today, great price, can't be beat. Thanks Brian.
                                Mark

Comment

Working...