X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cheeky
    • Nov 2006
    • westchester cty, new york
    • Ridgid TS2400LS

anybody receive their set yet? not complaining, for this price i could care less if they take a couple weeks.

i can't wait, it's my 1st set.
    Pete

Comment

• Jaden
      Established Member
      • Feb 2006
      • Trenton, MI
      • BT3100

Got mine yesterday morning, couldn't believe the speed of delivery since I ordered them friday morning. Brian must have drove them up and dropped them on my doorstep himself.....lol. The bits are really nice for a starter set (also my first set), well worth the $20 in my opinion.

Steve
      "I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Comment

• Garasaki
        • Sep 2006

I got mine yesterday as well (also ordered friday, I believe).

However I wasn't particularly surprised by the turn around as I had ordered the whiteside starter set a while ago and get then equally fast.

Nothing but good (really good) experiences so far with Holbren.
        -John

"Look, I can't surrender without orders. I mean they emphasized that to me particularly. I don't know exactly why. The guy said "Blake, never surrender without checking"
        -Henry Blake

Comment

• wdreamsmaycome
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2007
          • Vancouver, Canada
          • bt3100 (of course!)

I hate to be a squeaky wheel, but I ordered the first day these were available, I also emailed brian with a US address I use for deliveries (to save him postage rather than shipping to Canada, which is the address I put in my original order), and sent him a PM here as well asking for status on my order but absolutely no communication whatsoever from him, neither via PM, nor via email, and no bits have arrived either (or emails with a tracking # or anything).

Comment

• gwyneth
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2006
            • Bayfield Co., WI

Originally posted by Hooligan
            Just purchased an entry level GMC ATBR1500 <no flames please >
            Can't see why anybody would flame you...not only have at least 10 members, by rough count, bought that router, for a total of $70, you're getting enough router stuff to carry you through the months or years before you learn enough to decide what (if any) router you really want.

That's far more sensible than either buying a really cheap router (which you'd be lucky to find, anyway, for the GMC price) and one or two really cheap bits, or springing much, much more for high end stuff that can't be chosen intelligently until you've done at least a little routing work.

IMO, the combination of the GMC and these bits (what a happy coincidence they occured at the same time) for $70 would be a reasonable choice for a learner at twice the price.

The best thing about it is that it's definitely not a case of "for $70, how can you go wrong?" That philosophy virtually always should be re-written, "for $70, how can you go right?"

If you're really stressed about it, just look at the cheapest router and some steel bits you can find at Home Depot, Sears, Lowes, or HF. First, there's no way you'd get a router and 24 bits for $70...but if by some fluke you did, it's probable the router would last just about long enough to use each of those bits once or twice.

You just stumbled on a rare congruence of good, not great, quality, at a great price. People here don't flame, anyway, but I bet they'd be more likely to roll their eyes if, as a total router noob, you'd gone and spent $350+ for the same stuff at a very good quality level, or more for the 'best in the world' level.

Comment

• JJO
              Established Member
              • Jul 2004
              • Illinois, USA.

Originally posted by Cheeky
              anybody receive their set yet? not complaining, for this price i could care less if they take a couple weeks.

i can't wait, it's my 1st set.
              Both sets arrived today. Great service!!!
              jerry

Comment

• gerti
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2003
                • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
                • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

Originally posted by JJO
                Both sets arrived today. Great service!!!
                Mine too! Thanks Brian!

Comment

• Holbren
                  • Oct 2004
                  • Heathrow, FL.

Been out of town and my packer had a family emergency in TX, I'll look at all the open order/questions and get back to everyone.
                  Brian
                  Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
                  "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
                  www.holbren.com

Comment

• FL Buckeye
                    Established Member
                    • Aug 2005
                    • WC Florida and Crossville, TN
                    • BT3100, Grizzly 1023SL

Originally posted by Holbren
                    Been out of town and my packer had a family emergency in TX, I'll look at all the open order/questions and get back to everyone.
                    Brian, I am going to the Sanford airport Thursday, and maybe to the Longwood area before the airport to look at a truck that's for sale. If you're in that area and available I could just pick up my order #4353. Or you can still mail it, if thats best for you.
                    Lanny

The older you get, the better you used to be.

Comment

• Rastus

Got mine today. Fast if you ask me! Just placed the order friday 3/2 and received them today 3/6. Can't beat the price!! nice set Brian. I plan on ordering another set.

Thanks
                      Ray

Comment

• Holbren
                        • Oct 2004
                        • Heathrow, FL.

Originally posted by FL Buckeye
                        Brian, I am going to the Sanford airport Thursday, and maybe to the Longwood area before the airport to look at a truck that's for sale. If you're in that area and available I could just pick up my order #4353. Or you can still mail it, if thats best for you.
                        I should be around, I'll PM you my cell phone number.
                        Brian
                        Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
                        "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
                        www.holbren.com

Comment

• jhart
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2004
                          • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                          • BT3100

Got mine yesterday also. Thanks Brian. Great deal! awfully tough to beat at .83 per bit, even if you don't use some of them or have duplicates.

I have ordered some of Brian's better bits in the past and have been very pleased with the price/performance.
                          Joe
                          "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• Pakaderm
                            Established Member
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by wdreamsmaycome
                            I hate to be a squeaky wheel, but I ordered the first day these were available, I also emailed brian with a US address I use for deliveries (to save him postage rather than shipping to Canada, which is the address I put in my original order), and sent him a PM here as well asking for status on my order but absolutely no communication whatsoever from him, neither via PM, nor via email, and no bits have arrived either (or emails with a tracking # or anything).
                            I didn't get a tracking number or email or anything either. However, there was package on my doorstep when I got home yesterday. And that's in CA.

Excellent, first class customer service!!!

-Pakaderm

Comment

• IBBugsy
                              Established Member
                              • Jan 2006
                              • Allentown, PA.
                              • BT3100

Got mine yesterday also.

Darn! For "cheap" bits they are very sharp!! Almost cut a finger on them as I was looking them over. Gotta remember to keep my hands to myself!
                              Dave - Weekend Garage Junkie
                              "I'm no physicist but I know what matters" - Popeye

Comment

• Knottscott
                                Veteran Member
                                • Dec 2004
                                • Rochester, NY.
                                • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

I placed an order for a set too. The price is too good.

I ignorantly used the discount before reading that's it wasn't intended for this deal and that we're hurting Brian by doing that, so I refunded the "undercharge" to him.

The $2 means very little to us as individuals, but at the pace he's selling these, I can see how the $2 could turn into a day's wages pretty quickly if we all took the double dip discount as I did. Brian's a small vendor and is too good to us to knowingly take money out of his pocket. If any of you who also took the 10% unknowingly and feel the same as I do, I'd encourage you to send him a refund at sales@holbren.com.
                                Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Working...