• Show
Clear All
  • TheRic
    • Jun 2004
    • West Central Ohio
    • bt3100

Originally posted by Cheeky
    Mac,

You can get the Ridgid for $287.28 before tax. Get the HD to price match hd.com's price ($319.20, that's the sale price at my local HD too) and use a 10% coupon (i have a copy of Lowes version if you need one).
    Your local store has it for $319.20 ??? I thought that number was only on the internet. HD will not price match their website. They will price match a different brand store, but not their own website. That is so &*&@#$#%$@#$

If your local HD will price match the website then that is one of the few stores that I have heard of that will.
    Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• Cheeky
      • Nov 2006
      • westchester cty, new york
      • Ridgid TS2400LS

Originally posted by TheRic
      Your local store has it for $319.20 ??? I thought that number was only on the internet. HD will not price match their website. They will price match a different brand store, but not their own website. That is so &*&@#$#%$@#$

If your local HD will price match the website then that is one of the few stores that I have heard of that will.
      Ric,

For every HD that will honor the internet price around me, there's 4 that won't. It's un-friggin-believable how HD's prices and policies vary from 2 locations 20 minutes away.

I was at an HD today where the Ridgid 2 tool combo: drill/saw etc. was still $269 ($130 something all other locations), and the Ridgid 4 tool Li combo dislplay model on sale was $537 ($357 NIB at other locations now).

The newest HD that has opened by me, doesn't hesitate to match their own internet prices, or other local competitors....which is the way it should be IMO.
      Pete

Comment

• footprintsinconc
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2006
        • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
        • BT3100

cheeky,

where do we get the 10% coupon from? you mentioned that you have a copy? what is that good for? if this works, then i am thinking and getting one aswell.

thanks, waiting anxiously ...

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by footprintsinconc
          cheeky,

where do we get the 10% coupon from? you mentioned that you have a copy? what is that good for? if this works, then i am thinking and getting one aswell.

thanks, waiting anxiously ...
          used to be, if you went to the Lowes and HD webpages, and rummaged around, they would have a 10% "moving" coupon off anything if you said you were moving to or had just moved to a new house. Or, even were thinking about it.

The latest was you could register for a moving "kit" on-line and they would e-mail you this coupon or snail mail it in the old days.

Of course, HD and Lowes will honor each other's coupons.
          But, I don't see them offered anymore. at least not on the HD website and right now lowes is down for maintenance.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• lcm1947
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2004
            • Austin, Texas
            • BT 3100-1

I guess I'll just have to see what my local HD's will do. Thanks for the advice gentlemen.
            May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

Comment

• T-Bone
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2004
              • Helena, MT

I recently obtained 10% moving coupons from both Lowes and HD.

www.homedepotmoving.com
              www.lowesmoving.com

Lowes coupon comes via e-mail in a day or so
              HD coupon comes via snail mail and takes a couple weeks

These are one-time use coupons and both have short deadlines. I suppose you could get more than one use out of them if you used each at the others store.

I would get the Ridgid jointer in a second if my local HD would match the internet sale. I asked two different people at the Customer Service desk on different occassions and both said no.

Comment

• lcm1947
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2004
                • Austin, Texas
                • BT 3100-1

I just got back from Lowes and they have the Delta for $369.00. The manager wasn't in so couldn't talk to him about discounts and such but I intend to. One of the guys working in the tool area however referred me over to the Delta bench top jointer. Said he's had one for years and it's all he needs for simple edge and face flatting chores. It's only $219.99. Now this may be what I get now after talking to him. Sounds like all I need and it would allow me to buy the planer that much sooner. I can't see my self ever needing to edge more then 48"'s so am thinking this bench top would do the trick. I think I'll start another post asking any owners of these what they think.

Comment

• Ed62
                  The Full Monte
                  • Oct 2006
                  • NW Indiana
                  • BT3K

Originally posted by TheRic
                  HD will not price match their website.
                  When I bought my DeWalt miter saw, the online price was, from what I remember, $35 or $40 cheaper than the brick and mortar HD. I asked for a price match, and I got it. I think it depends on the manager of the store. Haven't had the opportunity to ask for another since, but it worked that time. It's always worth it to ask. You might be pleasantly surprised. as I was.

Ed
                  Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• LCHIEN
                    Internet Fact Checker
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Katy, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by lcm1947
                    I just got back from Lowes and they have the Delta for $369.00. The manager wasn't in so couldn't talk to him about discounts and such but I intend to. One of the guys working in the tool area however referred me over to the Delta bench top jointer. Said he's had one for years and it's all he needs for simple edge and face flatting chores. It's only $219.99. Now this may be what I get now after talking to him. Sounds like all I need and it would allow me to buy the planer that much sooner. I can't see my self ever needing to edge more then 48"'s so am thinking this bench top would do the trick. I think I'll start another post asking any owners of these what they think.
                    Don't! I had the Delta benchtop (JT160, I think) and moved up to the JT360. Tho the benchtop worked nicely for small boards, the beds were not long enough for larger pieces. There's not that much difference in price... you get substantially more tool with the JT360.
                    Loring in Katy, TX USA
                    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• lcm1947
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2004
                      • Austin, Texas
                      • BT 3100-1

Yeah, I looked at amazon's reviews and they weren't good at all either. What a shame. It doesn't even sound like it would edge a 48" board and that's all I'm looking for.

Comment

• GaryA
                        Established Member
                        • Dec 2004
                        • Tampa, FL, USA.

Do you guys think the Delta is a better deal than the Jet that Woodcraft has on sale for $399? I'm willing to spend the extra $100 if it is a superior machine (like the closed cabinet too) - otherwise, the Delta seems like a great deal. Thoughts? It is the JJ-6CSX
                        http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=2051
                        Gary

Comment

• lcm1947
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2004
                          • Austin, Texas
                          • BT 3100-1

Hi GaryA if you are willing to spend $399.00 why not go with the Ridgid? It appears everybody is recommending that one in that price range. Of course unless that Jet is better or just as good. The Jet does seem to be somewhat lighter at 192 lbs and I'm not sure if that may be a factor in jointer or not but again I get the drift that weight is good. I too would like to hear the answer to that question.

Comment

• GaryA
                            Established Member
                            • Dec 2004
                            • Tampa, FL, USA.

Good point. I'm going to go to HD and try to beat them up for the internet price on the Ridgid. Any feedback also on the Jet?
                            Gary

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2006
                              • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
                              • BT3100

I have a friend who does wood working, he said that he wouldnt think twice about the ridgid, from the comparison that 'lowell' has given on page 1 of this tread, it can do more than the jet.

besides, rigid has that lifetime guarentee on their product and that includes wearabe parts, so i cant imagine why this wont be a better deal. as for the bench tops, there is a reason why they are less expensive for the same machine.

i cant wait till i get out to hd and try buying one by price matching, except that being sick and miserable, my wife wont let me out of the house.

Comment

• GaryA
                                Established Member
                                • Dec 2004
                                • Tampa, FL, USA.

Sold...thanks guys
                                Gary

Comment

Working...