Mushroom Escargot

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LCHIEN
    Super Moderator
    • Dec 2002
    • 22084
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

    #1

    Mushroom Escargot

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	125
Size:	871.6 KB
ID:	859547
    Mushroom Escargot
    Attached Files
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • leehljp
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • 8803
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

    #2
    I have eaten a lot of weird foods according to the average American I meet, but escargot is one I have not tried, and don't really care to. However, I remember my first oyster on the half shell at about age 15 (and didn't want to eat it, but I did). I tried it and was pleasantly surprised. That opened a world of food to me!
    Hank Lee

    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

    Comment

    • LCHIEN
      Super Moderator
      • Dec 2002
      • 22084
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

      #3
      well, unlike oyster on the half shell, which is raw oyster, the escargot is cooked with a lot of wine, butter and garlic rendering it quite tasty if you can get over the snail part.
      I've had them in France, and on cruise ships and in American restaurants, the French really make it much better than everyone else.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

      Comment

      • twistsol
        SawdustZone Patron
        • Dec 2002
        • 3122
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

        #4
        I've had it a few times, never in France, but my opinion is that the wine, butter, and garlic, etc. are tasty. The snail is just filler.

        I''ll try just about anything and have eaten lutefisk, SPAM, oysters, spiced crickets, eel, pig's feet, haggis and iguana so I certainly won't starve, but if other foods are available, I'll eat those first. The only food I won't eat is a banana.
        Chr's
        __________
        An ethical man knows the right thing to do.
        A moral man does it.

        Comment

        • capncarl
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • 3790
          • Leesburg Georgia USA
          • SawStop CTS

          #5
          Snails scare me….as in eating them. I’ve read numerous horror stories about people that should know better, pop them in their mouth and swallow them. Death comes shortly thereafter.

          Comment

          • LCHIEN
            Super Moderator
            • Dec 2002
            • 22084
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

            #6
            Well, don't worry. This guy was too small, I threw him back.

            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

            Comment

            • donaldnunez
              Handtools only
              • Aug 2024
              • 1

              #7
              Originally posted by LCHIEN
              well, unlike oyster on the half shell, which is raw oyster, the escargot is cooked with a lot of wine, butter and garlic rendering it quite tasty if you can get over the snail part.
              I've had them in France, and on cruise ships and in American restaurants, the French really make it much better than everyone else.
              I agree with you. My mom is French and she often makes garlic escargots in mushroom caps. It is delicious.

              Comment

              Working...