• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

ah frustrations.

This weekend I needed some misc parts and particularly a 6" skinny drill bit ASAP I ordered from Amazon due to arrive Tuesday.
    So I actually had three Amazon shipments listed as due Tuesday and one Due Wed. (this by USPS) and One due THursday

All three Tuesday items were listed out on the truck early Tuesday but by 11PM they had not arrived but Amazon tracking said delayed now Thursday
    But Wed AM it showed four packages due Wed and the THursday one moved up to Wed. All on the truck at 10 AM for delivery by 10PM Five packages due! Four by Amazon truck and one by USPS
    Around 2PM three packages were left at the door and one in the mailbox.
    But the one item I was needing ASAP was not delivered with the three others even though they were all shown leaving at the same minute which presumes they were on the same truck.
    An even though the fifth package was clearly shown out for delivery and not delivered, there was a nice picture of the other three on my doorstop shown on tracking for the missing one.
    Of course the fifth and missing package is the one that had the part I've been waiting for since Sunday.
    Now its late Wed night and tracking is stating its scheduled for not tomorrow, Thursday, but for Friday.

Ugh!
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 05-09-2024, 12:50 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

My last 3 Amazon deliveries were delayed. The most recent, I needed a set of universal jointed shallow swivel sockets to get the bellhousing bolts off of the truck. We are literally just bellhousing bolts, and hood removal before the cherrry picker gets rolled into place... Anyway the sockets were on the vehicle for delivery, early yesterday, and then nothing... They might show up today, they might not... What is going on at that warehouse and on those vans?
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• twistsol
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
      • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

The vast majority of the time things show up as scheduled and there is no problem. I'm usually ok with delays unless it is something I urgently need, and there is little I can do but grumble about it anyway. When I get the "delivered" notice and there is no package on my porch or better yet when it is accompanied by a photo of my package on someone else's front porch, you have to wait 7 days before you can report it undelivered. I suppose I could drive around the neighborhood looking for the porch with gray flooring, a red door, and a dog paw welcome mat. In all but one of those instances, a neighbor (or one of their kids) dropped off the package before the 7 days were up.

I've delivered more than my share of mis delivered packages and on rare occasions paid a neighbor kid $5 to do it for me.

We've become spoiled. 40 years ago you mailed off a paper order form with a check in it and hoped for the best.
      Chr's

Comment

• dbhost

dbhost
        commented
        Editing a comment
        20 years ago we got into our cars and drove to wherever to get the stuff we were looking for...
    • dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Something I have noted that seems to be consistent. If my package is routed through the LaMarque TX warehouse it gets to me no problem, but if it gets routed through the Pasadena TX Warehouse, it is a 50/50 chance of getting lost in shipping. Oddly enough, they built an Amazon warehouse 2 miles from my house, and don't seem to use it, there were only vehicles there for maybe 6 months and then empty... No idea what is happening with that.
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        LCHIEN commented
        Editing a comment
        what is odd is that four packages were scheduled to be delivered by Amazon truck and all indicated that they left the warehouse at the same minute which indicates they were on the same truck. I imagine there were four packages because they came from four different warehouses.
        Only 3 were delivered, all four tracking had the same picture of three items on my doorstep. But one package was not left and tracking still said out for delivery.
        How can they lose one of 4 packages?

At this moment (Thursday 3:20 PM) Alexa is saying it will be delivered today while the Amazon website says it will be delivered tomorrow (Friday). Amazon can't even agree with itself.

And of course, of all the stuff 10 or more items in four packages, the one I need most urgently is the one that's missing. Murphy.
        Last edited by LCHIEN; 05-09-2024, 04:34 PM.
    • dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Thankfully the item I was waiting since yesterday to do work I had planned today. A 3/8" drive universal jointed impact socket set in metric to get the bellhousing bolts off of the truck arrived. A day later and a day wasted, more or less.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Amazon Alexa insisted today all day when asked where's my stuff that it was out on a truck for delivery by 11PM today (Friday) while at the same time the Amazon website track my order said it was delayed but the last date on tracking detail was Wed the 8th ("out for delivery" the second time) but said if it didn't come on the 10th I could get my money back.

So I just canceled it and reordered the parts which might be here Sunday, who really knows.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...