• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Stupid COVID.

Went and got it again. Good thing is caught it early and got on Paxlovid the day I tested positive, bad thing, I got symptomatic and had a clue there was a problem, on an in office workday. Several of my colleagues that work close to me are infected too.

I had my IV treatment for the Ulcerative Colitis last Tuesday, there was a fellow in the clinic that got on the elevator with me that was coughing like crazy, pretty sure that is the source...

This sucks.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

I hope you recover quickly, but please, I mean no offence, but do you wear a mask?

The month I read of the outbreak I got out some KN masks I use here in shop and since have purchased the less stringent, inexpensive mask. It is rare that I go into any public place without wearing one. Since than, we don't even get a cold.

I hope you recover quickly,

CWS

Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

ME too, Hope you recover quickly.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Black walnut
        Administrator
        • Aug 2015
        • BT3K

Hope you recover quickly. This topic could turn real political real quickly. Let's just agree to disagree, and wish DB better health.
        Last edited by Black walnut; 02-20-2024, 10:13 PM.
        just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• karenprince
          Handtools only
          • Feb 2024

It seems like covid is coming back. At my company, there was also a reinfected colleague. It makes me so worried.

Comment

• twistsol
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
            • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I hope you get over it quickly.

Even though I don't go anywhere and work from home, I managed to pick it up somehow a couple of years after it all started. My wife is a public health nurse who assures me I'd have been much worse off if I weren't fully vaxed. Getting all the shots was also a condition of getting into the building to see my dad.
            Chr's

Comment

• justinmagnus
              Handtools only
              • Feb 2024

Hope you get over quickly. I started to mash up when hearing that the COVID-19 cases are rising again. I'm immuno-compromised, have asthma and am obese. The coronavirus could kill me

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

I am following my Doctors recommendations for mitigating risks. Do recall that since I have ulcerative colitis, the treatment is literally immunosupressants. I use copious amounts of hand sanitizer, and I mask up in areas I expect there to be a crowd, but I cannot control the unmasked person coughing their head off in an elevator at the clinic...
                Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...