• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Threw my back out. Bad time...

I have so many projects I was making good progress on and wham, threw my back out loading the camper up for the ren fest trip. Bad enough I need to go back to physical therapy.

So no my Christmas projects will NOT be getting finished this year, and no LCHIEN I didn't forget about the roller / pin, PM me your address, in my medication induced forgetfulness I lost the envelope with it..

On the plus side, the camper worked fantastically, still need to finish up a couple of big items, including swapping in a gas furnace which I honestly will farm that job out, I do NOT want to be dropping the fuel tank to add the dip tube...

My rails came from Grizzly today, I guess I will build the stand and mobile base, and then try to figure out how to get a couple of hands over here to put the sander on the stand and stand it up into the mobile base. They sure didn't make it easy for a guy with a messed up back to do solo! I wonder if there is a way to lift it into position using a shop crane....
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Yes, shop crane! I have a crane with fold up legs that make it easier to store. It still takes up 2’x2’x5’ of valuable shop space. The last shop project that I use the crane for was lifting the new 60” US GENERAL top tool chest onto the base tool box. At 250ish pounds and rather awkward to lift this high and not being able to roll the crane under the base tool box added more challenges. The biggest problems I run into using a shop crane for something other than removing an engine from an automobile is interference with the cranes wheels/legs….. so make sure your crane legs will straddle your new sander cabinet.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Grizzly docs say setting up this sander takes 3 people, that just isn't reasonable... as long as I can get it lined up on the pre assembled stand I should be able to get the bolts in and snugged... Just need to figure out how to lift with a shop crane.

And borrow a shop crane. I don't have space for my own...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Spent some time wiring up the CB for the camper van, I know not as popular as they once were, but my plan is a 4wd conversion and many 4x4 clubs still require CB radio... Might as well make it a good one. Going to add a GMRS to the mix as well for the other club requirements... Just cover my bases is all...

Haven't bothered unboxing the mobile base or bars yet, will get to those this weekend. For now concentrating on letting my back ease up a lot. Have had a horrible time trying to sleep because of it and ended up WFH today because I felt like fetrilizer when I woke up, no driving when doing the muscle relaxers and all...

Digging stuff out from under the table saw, found a tote full of stuff that belongs in the shed, out it goes this weekend, I hope....

Comment

Working...