• Show
Clear All
  • nicer20
    Established Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Dublin, CA
    • BT3100

Where is Dave (dbhost)

I have noticed dbhost used to hang out here regularly but has been MIA for a while. Tried sending him some PM but no response. Hope everything is fine with him.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Member list says last time he was on was may 3, 2023

P.S.

OK, I just called him on the phone. He says he is handling some health issues and has had kind of low energy for a while so his projects have been on hold since the storage shed and he's been inactive on the forum.

Promises to be active when he feels better and fill us in on the new Drill press and the new 10" jointer.

He thanks you for the concern.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 06-27-2023, 01:52 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• nicer20
      Established Member
      • Sep 2007
      • Dublin, CA
      • BT3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
      Member list says last time he was on was may 3, 2023

P.S.

OK, I just called him on the phone. He says he is handling some health issues and has had kind of low energy for a while so his projects have been on hold since the storage shed and he's been inactive on the forum.

Promises to be active when he feels better and fill us in on the new Drill press and the new 10" jointer.

He thanks you for the concern.
      Glad to hear some updated from him and wishing for his quick recovery.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

I apologize for not being around, but as Loring said I had a BAD bout of health. We haven't ruled everything out yet, but what we know we are dealing with is very physically draining, and I just haven't had energy to do much of anything at all. I was on a good roll there and then kind of out of left field got whacked. I have a good bunch of doctors, and my in laws have been around to help some...

I can't wait to get going again, and finish up the restoration / conversion of the rolling tool cabinet into a drill press cabinet... That project keeps taunting me.
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• capncarl
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Leesburg Georgia USA
          • SawStop CTS

Maybe it’s time to look for a cooler climate? You may not live in the hottest place in Texas but is is a close runner up!

Comment

• Jim Frye
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Maumee, OH, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

There was a post yesterday on Woodworkingtalk.com about flip top tool stands and my first thought was why hasn't Dave posted on it. Then the thought hit me that I hadn't seen him around here either. Take care dude and get better soon.
            Jim Frye
            The Nut in the Cellar.
            ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• nicer20
              Established Member
              • Sep 2007
              • Dublin, CA
              • BT3100

Originally posted by dbhost
              I apologize for not being around, but as Loring said I had a BAD bout of health. We haven't ruled everything out yet, but what we know we are dealing with is very physically draining, and I just haven't had energy to do much of anything at all. I was on a good roll there and then kind of out of left field got whacked. I have a good bunch of doctors, and my in laws have been around to help some...

I can't wait to get going again, and finish up the restoration / conversion of the rolling tool cabinet into a drill press cabinet... That project keeps taunting me.
              Dave No pressure for you to respond. I was just concerned since you used to be regular and noticed you had not logged in for a while.

Get better soon Buddy !!

Comment

Working...