• Show
Clear All
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Mother Nature's sense of humor.

Compared to what is going on with storms in the south this week, 8" of snow isn't a big deal and we'll run our snowblowers, plows, and shovel and complain anyway.

The snow was almost completely melted yesterday, so for April fools day and mother nature gave us this. This puts us at 3rd or 4th snowiest winter on record.

Update: We officially hit 3rd snowiest season on record with a margin of 0.8 inches.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3038.jpg Views:	21 Size:	104.9 KB ID:	854679
    Last edited by twistsol; 04-01-2023, 10:55 PM.
    Chr's
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

And yet, we have had the least snowiest winter for decades here. I've run the snowblower twice since November and both times it was less than 3" of wet snow. But I remember when we were living just east of St. Louis, MO., we had a 12" snowfall on April 15th. Mother Nature is indeed quirky.
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• Slik Geek
      • Dec 2006
      • Lake County, Illinois
      • Ryobi BT-3000

It's been relatively light snowfall amounts for the most part in extreme northern Illinois this season. Two or so years ago, we had appreciable snow accumulation as late as May, and again on October 31. Only four complete months that year: June, July, August, and September were without appreciable snow that year. Shortest warm season I've seen living here my entire life.

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

Snow??? I planted my garden Thursday and root crops and greens early January.

Comment

• Black walnut
          Administrator
          • Aug 2015
          • BT3K

I was on top of a local ridge today at my rifle range for a training to be a certified NRA Range Safety Officer. Anyway took a short break, walked outside into a bright sunny day with blue sky overhead and snowflakes falling. Spring in the inland PNW has this occurrence often enough in the spring that it's not exactly a shock but infrequent enough that it becomes memorable. Ma nature has been acting like she's got a hangover for the last several years for sure.
          just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

Working...