• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stan
    • Mar 2004
    • Kalispell, MT, USA.
    • BT3100, Delta 36-717

Yardwork... :(

Just spent about 90 minutes out clearing up limbs and branches that got knocked out of the trees with the heavy snow we got the past couple days.
    2 pairs of wet gloves, soaked from the waist down from snow flipping off the branches.
    Took about 8 loads with the 4-wheeler to move the stuff to our 'waiting to be burned' pile.
    Came in, got all warmed up and was sitting at the kitchen table... and saw the chainsaw hanging from one of the trees out front where I hooked it on a limb to keep it out of the snow.
    Guess I need to get dressed for outdoors again in a bit to get that put away.
    From the NW corner of Montana.
    http://www.elksigndesigns.com
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Ummm, a bit late? chainsaws hanging from trees, Isn't that a halloween decoration?
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Stan
      Stan commented
      Editing a comment
      lol, yeah. I guess that would be classified as a halloween decoration.
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Only 90 minutes?

I bet it looks beautiful though!

I don't live in snow country like Montana, but on occasion we get a pretty fair amount here in NY., though I imagine it's probably nothing like your area. Still in my years I've seen storms where it completely buried cars, right up to the tips of the antennas, cover the lamp post in the front yard, etc.

Personally, I love the snow and would rather see a good winter than a summer like we just had where the heat was dizzying.

If you've got some pictures, please post some. Today it was 75 degrees here in Binghamton, NY area,

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Stan
      Stan commented
      Editing a comment
      90 minutes of work with a 4-wheeler, chain and then a large jet sled can move a good amount of slash.
      only 12-14" total snowfall, but it was very wet and heavy, a lot of trees had not lost their leaves yet so the buildup of snow on the limbs/leaves was too much and things started breaking.
      We were without power for around a day and a half before power crews could repair the damage in our area - and there were a lot more areas without power also.

• capncarl
      capncarl commented
      Editing a comment
      At least when your power is out due to snow there is not a problem with your food in the freezer thawing out, just drag it out on the porch!

• Stan
      Stan commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, that's true. But they are large freezers, moving them would not be a lot of fun.
  • Black walnut
    Administrator
    • Aug 2015
    • BT3K

We had a skiff of snow here in the valley. A bit more up in the mountains. Friday night we had a wind storm though with the highest gust that I saw on a weather app was 61 mph. Was surprised that none of my trees lost big branches in that one. Yesterday went looking for elk, lots of trees down in the woods. Most had already been cut out of the way on roads, except for one. I was going to cut it out and move it but chainsaw didn't want to stay running. Gladly could drive around it. The change from summer like weather to wintry was rather abrupt this year.
    just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• Stan
      Stan commented
      Editing a comment
      Rather abrupt change in seasons here also.
      But the big question - did you see any elk to invite home for dinner?
  • Black walnut
    Administrator
    • Aug 2015
    • BT3K

No elk were seen after the second day.
    just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• Stan
      Stan commented
      Editing a comment
      Bummer on that.
Working...