• Show
Clear All
  • Dedpedal
    Established Member
    • Feb 2020
    • Palm Coast Florida
    • One BT3000 in use and one for parts. Plus a BT3100

Playoffs?

Anybody have plans? Predictions? Working in the shop? I made a new koozy for the game since my wife commandeered my other one.
    Attached Files
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Not my thing, but enjoy!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

I’m over that. Not interested in watching grown men chasing balls. I’ll spend some quality time working in the shop!

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

My interest in the NFL has waned greatly. I can't even name the teams in the playoffs.

The home team, the Houston Texans, are run by a bunch of Morons and they have literally run the team into the ground this year and must be the laughingstock of the NFL. And the NFL in general is gone nuts with all this knee taking stuff. Politics should have nothing to do with sports. If they want to make political statements I don't have to watch them. Bad enough having to watch politicians.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Jim Frye
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Maumee, OH, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Well, I guess the Bengals since that's the team closest to here. Glad I don't have to watch Brady play and sad that Big Ben is out. It is what it is.
          Jim Frye
          The Nut in the Cellar.
          ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Oddly enough, I've always felt like an odd kid / man because I never liked NFL football. In my defense I was the near sighted kid that spent his grade school years in a suburb of Cleveland Ohio with the Browns as our football team that always loses. Later on I moved to Oregon with no NFL team, and finally to Texas where high school football is king, oh and there is that team in Dallas with the pretty girls on the sidelines...

I guess you could say the cards were stacked against me professional sports wise...

Although I do love me some Houston Astros and have ever since I was a kid and saw Nolan Ryan play...
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• atgcpaul
              atgcpaul commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm with you. For my height and size, I was always asked if I would play football. (My Dad's boss played a season or two for the Vikings). I guess team sports aren't my thing, but I enjoy cycling and golf.

I attended one NFL game as a guest of a vendor I work with. Got beer spilled on me by the guy sitting above cheering for the home team. I believe it was an accident, but I still have no interest in going back.
          • cwsmith
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2005
            • NY Southern Tier, USA.
            • BT3100-1

I'm not a fan either. I used to love sports before I was fourteen and I played baseball, touch-football (tackle wasn't allowed), and I loved soccer. But when I went out for JV football, the school Doc declared that I had a heart murmer and not only wasn't I allowed to play, but he wouldn't let me particpate in Phys Ed classes either. So every PE class I'd have to put on my gym shorts and tee, like every other guy and then just SIT, Did that for four years of highschool. That's where I learned all about 'sportsmanshiip! Got labeled a NAB, Non Atheletic Bum, and that's where my interest in sports completely faded away. Funny though, because I had a 5-mile long paperoute, worked on the farm (and any other job I could find, and monthly did the long hikes and physical routines required of the SAR tean I was on.

Frankly, my wife is the only one in our family or friends who loves watching sports; especially football, baseball, and NASCAR. She knows the teams, the coaches, the standings, etc. We joke about it all the time. She used to razz me every baseball season, "Now remember, it's this team playing that team, don't forget IF anyone asks you." A couple of summers ago we got a new neighbor and when football season started he asked me about who my favorite team was, I joked that he needed to go talk to my wife about such things. That night at supper I asked her what team Kevin liked and she said, Notre Dame, but he doesn't know anything, he could only name two players!

So, I have to leave the sports to others!

CWS
            Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• atgcpaul
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2003
              • Maryland
              • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by Dedpedal
              Anybody have plans? Predictions? Working in the shop? I made a new koozy for the game since my wife commandeered my other one.
              That's pretty cool. I especially like how that bottom layer of plywood has that inclusion.

I've done very little turning. What's it like to turn plywood?

Comment

• leehljp
                Just me
                • Dec 2002
                • Tunica, MS
                • BT3000/3100

Mine tumbler below I made umpteen (13-14) years ago when I was in Japan: Japanese Ash (Tamo) if I remember correctly. Made from one piece of wood. I took a plastic Starbucks coffee tumbler and turned the outer plastic off and added the wood over the inside liner.

As to sports, I am kinda interested in this years Super Bowl. I am NOT an LSU fan, but I enjoyed watching or reading Burrow's work at LSU. I have followed him. I also am a fan of some good quarterbacks who are totally mismatched with 2nd rate coaches and owners who do nothing to help a fairly quality QB . Therefore I am happy to see Stafford get rewarded with his capability.

And I have family jumping all over me for pulling for the underdog in most games. This year was the year of the underdogs! Green Bay, Tampa, KC, Bills, Titans, Cardinals all beaten. (and Dallas of course.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	JPN Ash Mug.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.3 KB ID:	847966
                Last edited by leehljp; 01-31-2022, 08:33 PM.
                Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Dedpedal
                  Dedpedal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That’s awesome! I have a chunk of oak from the back yard that I’d like to do something similar with.
              • Dedpedal
                Established Member
                • Feb 2020
                • Palm Coast Florida
                • One BT3000 in use and one for parts. Plus a BT3100

Originally posted by atgcpaul

That's pretty cool. I especially like how that bottom layer of plywood has that inclusion.

I've done very little turning. What's it like to turn plywood?
                I use the high end cabinet grade. It has way less voids. Other than that it turns nicely.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...