• Show
Clear All
  • onedash
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2005
    • Maryland
    • Craftsman 22124

Shop Upgrades

Hey. I don't get on here very often anymore. But I started doing some upgrades in the shop. I got a dewalt DWS 780 miter saw and am making some gigantic cabinets as the stand. First time using undermount drawer slides and having cabinets that are not perfectly square is making them a little tougher to install I think. I also have the JET Canister dust collector on the way, YAY- LESS DUST. Going from 30 micron to 2 microns! I recently spent about 4 days cleaning the shop and it's never looked so good. I even ended up with empty drawers in some tool chests. Then a light bulb burnt out so I bought all new bulbs which resulted in brighter whiter light. Then I got a couple Kreg router stands to replace my router table stand and my drill press and grinder are on another one. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going and get some actual projects done and try to stop by here more often.
    YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Keep going!
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Black walnut
      Administrator
      • Aug 2015
      • BT3K

Great hearing from you! Enjoy the new tools in better light!
      just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• atgcpaul
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2003
        • Maryland
        • Grizzly 1023SLX

Good to see you again.

BTW, do you live near Frederick, MD? We have a house there now, but I noticed the lumber place I used to go to, Exotic Lumber, closed that location and is only in Annapolis now. Where do you go for lumber?

Comment

• onedash
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2005
          • Maryland
          • Craftsman 22124

Originally posted by atgcpaul
          Good to see you again.

BTW, do you live near Frederick, MD? We have a house there now, but I noticed the lumber place I used to go to, Exotic Lumber, closed that location and is only in Annapolis now. Where do you go for lumber?
          I live in Calvert County. I just picked up 100 bf of cherry at Exotic lumber in Annapolis. Hardwood prices don't seem to be impacted as much by covid.
          YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.

Comment

• nicer20
            Established Member
            • Sep 2007
            • Dublin, CA
            • BT3100

Oh so does that mean all the lumber price increase that everyone is talking about is predominantly limited to softwood/construction lumber?

I am still new and haven't yet gotten into much of hardwood based projects. Hence asking.

Thanks,

NG

Comment

• capncarl
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Leesburg Georgia USA
              • SawStop CTS

They don’t need a reason to raise prices! . Hardwood harvesting and sawing is somewhat different from each other, serving different customer bases. Construction lumber prices up by 112% may rise higher as the gouge factor increases as the demand goes up. The demand for better grades of hardwood doesn’t seem to be increasing so the prices should stay stable....... but....... I eat lunch several times week with a forestry management company rep. They primarily harvest pine for pulp ( for paper production), poles and sawmill, with a bit of hardwood. Because of the demand of softwood they are cutting less hardwood. If this trend is widespread it could reduce the supply and drive up the hardwood price.
              Last edited by capncarl; 04-08-2021, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...