Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Free Sirius XM commercial free satellite radio this week

Just a heads up,
    Sirius XM is broadcasting all channels (Sports, music, talk radio, comedies) free this week. thru June 4.
    If you are traveling you can get music on the highway the whole trip.
    If you have a car made since 2008 or so, you have satellite radio in your car, just push the button marked CD/FM/AM/SAT until satellite is selected.
    All radios are enabled during this free period.

I listen to classic rock channels 25, 26 and 32. and oldies on 6, 7, 8, and 9 (the digit = the decades i.e. 6 is 60's music).

Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

My truck has has Sirius XM, but in the 5 years I've had it, there is only one preset on the radio set ... 92.5 for classic rock. If they still had 40's on 4 (WWII era big band music) I'd listen to that on Sirius. I used to love listening to that in rental cars that had Sirius until it went away.
    Chr's

Comment

• onedash
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2005
      • Maryland
      • Craftsman 22124

my last 90 day trial just ended about two weeks ago. It seems to work about once a year (or two-not sure)
      YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.

Comment

• atgcpaul
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2003
        • Maryland
        • Grizzly 1023SLX

I miss Sirius/XM. I used to have it tuned to First Wave or 80s on 8 almost all the time. Sirius doesn't serve the Middle East, though, and the FM stations here (and in Europe) use 100kHz spacing so stations can end in odd or even numbers whereas in the US, it is only odd. So my US car here has very limited radio options. Sometimes the local stations will play a couple hours of English speaking radio. I was over the moon when I heard some Led Zeppelin about 6 months after we got here. Now my kids and I try to count the number of times we hear the word "habibi" in an Arabic song.

Comment

• Carlos
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Over the moon you say?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0799.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	836805

I cancelled XM/Sirius around three years ago I think. One day I found myself listening to a song I like, and switching over to streaming the same song from iTunes because the sound quality is so awful on XM. I felt like an idiot, I had done that a few times. Haven't missed it. I get that this may not work for everyone, but I've literally never had a second thought about it. For the times I will be away from internet service, I store a few thousand songs on my phone.

Cancelling was interesting. They try so hard to not let you. They kept offering lower rates (why were you ripping my off before if I could get a lower rate?!?!?), and a free receiver, etc. But they couldn't counter "your stream is over compressed and sounds awful." There's just no way around it, and they can't really expand capacity like the cellular carriers are doing.

Comment

Working...