FINALLY gonna get back in the shop!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALLY gonna get back in the shop!

Aug. 8 I had my hip replaced, and I've spent the last six weeks basically doing PT or sitting on my butt. For most of the summer it was too painful to stand for any length of time. As of today, I'm cleared to stand in the shop and work (as long as I take it easy; no lifting four sheets of 3/4" ply at once), walk as far as I'm able, drive, etc. My poor canoe has been waiting patiently for me to get back to it. I still have to finish the inside glassing and seats and other woodwork. Maybe by spring…

g.
    "Be excellent to each other."
    Bill & Ted

I know how you feel, though my situation is less painful. It's been too hot for a couple months and I barely got in there. The weather is just turning nicer though, looking forward to a bunch of projects for fall and winter.

Comment

Bit of a setback. Managed to spend a good bit of last Wednesday in the shop, then woke up last Thursday at 1 am with horrible abdominal pain, by 3 was in the ER, by 7 in a hospital bed, and by 10 having a kidney stent placed. Seems I have a 5 mm kidney stone. Spent Thursday nigh and most of Fri in the hospital; lithotripsy scheduled for Tuesday. Right now I'm on painkillers and antibiotics.

PLUS my mom is having major back surgery on Wednesday morning, so it looks like another week or so before I'm back in the shop. I swear that canoe is getting built eventually…

g.
      "Be excellent to each other."
      Bill & Ted

Comment

Working...
      X