• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Has anyone received any updates on the HF class action suit?

I did get everything scanned in, listed, and a documented overview typed up and mailed by the deadline. Sent the envelope registered mail, return receipt requested. Got back the return receipt a few days later, but since that time I've heard or read nothing about it. No confirmation, inquiry or anything else. My wife told me that my documentation looked something like an old "Odd Couple" episode, where Felix was called into the IRS because they simply wanted to meet the neat freak.

Did anyone get any response on their claim?

Thanks,

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• twistsol
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
      • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I didn't have anything to claim from HF, but every time I've been involved in something like this with other companies, it has often been more than a year after the deadline to file that an unexpected check would show up in the mail and little if any communication.
      Chr's

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

OK, I filed a claim based on e-mailed receipts and Credit card statements I had last year before the August deadline.
        According to what they said I might be up for around $100.

Did anyone else file?
        Has anyone heard anything or received anything?
        I don't see any activity or new postings on the class action web site, the last thiong was that they were going to vote to approve the settlement.

Another look at the website, the last posting on Nov 2017 was that the settlement was approved but there were several appeals.
        Mentioned the Eleventh court of appeals in Ohio.
        A quick look there was a bit confusing but found on the docket some May and June (2018) hearings for Harbor freight, defendant. So I guess I won't hold my breath as it'll be 1-2 months after the final hearings.
        Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-22-2018, 04:25 AM.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

Thanks for the update Loring. I'm not holding my breath on getting anything.
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Carlos
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

I have a hard time with the ethics of suing a company for saying BS like "value at" which we all know is a lie. That said, the suit was going to happen with or without me filing, so I did. Haven't heard anything more. I was at around $130 total. I guess I bought a lot of stuff there at that time. Haven't been to a store in over a year though.

Comment

• TB Roye
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2004
              • Sacramento, CA, USA.
              • BT3100

I don't bother anymore the Attorneys get the vast majority of the money and get a check for a few dollars

Comment

Working...