• Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

How Cold Is It?

Our temp in S. Ga dropped to about 27f this weekend. Our local Walmart is recommending to their shoppers that they wear two pair of pajama bottoms!
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Ha!

Right now it's 19deg in my area.

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

After 3 days of below freezing and two day with low 20s as the HIGH, (and some wind) todays 43 seemed like short sleeve weather!
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

It hit 21-23F for an extended period Saturday Morning. Probably we see temps like that about once in 10-years around Houston.

I learned that the pressure vacuum breaker the sprinkler guy installed on my sprinkler system about 4 years ago to meet code, needs to be protected from freezing. It got destroyed and water was gushing everywhere, there's a $30 rebuild kit I have ordered. It would have been nice if he told me...
        Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-10-2017, 01:31 AM.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• atgcpaul
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2003
          • Maryland
          • Grizzly 1023SLX

We have frost free spigots but every year I forget to disconnect the hose reel from the spigot. After the first big freeze, I'll see an icicle at the spigot back flow preventer from all the frozen water in the hose AND then I'll realize I destroyed yet another hose end sprayer.

Comment

• Condoman44
            Established Member
            • Nov 2013
            • CT near Norwich
            • Ryobi BT3000

It was 3° yesterday morning here.

Comment

• dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

Over the weekend it was in the low 30s hovering around freezing, today we are heading for a high of 77 degrees.
              Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• capncarl
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2007
                • Leesburg Georgia USA
                • SawStop CTS

In the low 20 earlier this week, today we enjoyed lunch on the patio in the low 70s. I like this a lot better. I couldn't go to Walmart earlier because I only had pair of pajama bottoms to wear.

Comment

• cwsmith
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                  • BT3100-1

One thing you can always count on is Walmart's dress codes for admittance. Up here in NY, we still see a lot of leg, both from the exposure, and the shear number of pounds. I guess it's the fat that keeps them warm.

right now we're getting a bit of a heat wave. Hit about 46 this afternoon. Last night we got a pretty nasty rain with an ambient temperature of about 30-degrees for most of the evening. I was planning on going to Painted Post this morning to check on the other house, but at 6:30 when I got up, the streets were like glass.... I went back to bed!

A couple on nights ago it was 7-degrees with a pretty harsh wind and a high in the mid-teens during the day. One of the joys of living here in NY, is that if you don't like the weather, you just wait a few hours.

CWS
                  Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...