• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Black walnut
    Administrator
    • Aug 2015
    • BT3K

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all the members and guests of Sawdustzone.org! Last year was one of many changes, lets hope this new one will be one of many new beginnings and growth of the forum and non-profit running it. Thanks to all that have contributed since our start December 26, 2002! I'm looking forward to what we can learn as a community in the coming years. Cheers!

Perhaps I might actually soend some time in the shop this year......
    just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Yes, Happy New Year to all Sawdustzonians (did I just coin a new word?).

My news is that I am retired from my job as Principal Engineer for an oil services company. As of Dec 31. Will still do some consulting but no more get up at 5AM and Drive 50 miles to work every weekday. No more having to face the reality of sub $40/barrel oil and all the stress and workplace morale killing that brings.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-01-2016, 07:21 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• jussi
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007

Happy New Year. Happy safe woodworking. I hope to finally get my shop resolutions I started 2 years ago finally complete this year
      I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

And Happy New Years from Missouri - Where I am now. Going back home (Mississippi) Saturday.

I am looking forward in 2016 to finding some relief from severe back pain without taking mind altering drugs as pain relievers that doctors are so quick to recommend.. I had an MRI on the 31st. Looking forward to the doctor's conclusions on Monday. I am not too optimistic with his approach. Been looking at the Laser Spine institute to see what they can do.
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• poolhound
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2006
          • Phoenix, AZ
          • BT3100

Happy New Year everybody from Arizona. Here is looking forward to so cool woodworking projects in 2016.
          Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
          techzibits.com

Comment

• gerti
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2003
            • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
            • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

Happy new year from Minnesota!

And congratulations to Loring to your retirement! I expect many photos of all kinds of wonderful projects.

Comment

• dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
              Yes, Happy New Year to all Sawdustzonians (did I just coin a new word?).

My news is that I am retired from my job as Principal Engineer for an oil services company. As of Dec 31. Will still do some consulting but no more get up at 5AM and Drive 50 miles to work every weekday. No more having to face the reality of sub $40/barrel oil and all the stress and workplace morale killing that brings.
              Happy new year to one and all, and a huge congratulations to Loring!

A lot of my friends and neighbors, not to mention family are in oil, and yeah, the low per barrel price is killing jobs around here. I can tell you from my end, budget cutting sure does kill morale, motivation, and well. I best not continue. Keep up the mantra I am happy I still have a job, I am happy I still have a job, I am happy I still have a job....
              Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• BadeMillsap
                • Dec 2005
                • Bulverde, Texas, USA.
                • Grizzly G1023SL

Happy New Year from Texas ... and Loring .... retirement is wonderful ... in my case no consulting unless a grandkid asks for advice (right!) ...

Yeah I understand the bliss most Americans see at cheaper oil but for those of us invested in the industry ... not so much fun ... oil prices go up and down just have to hang tough when they are down.
                "Like an old desperado, I paint the town beige ..." REK
                Bade Millsap
                Bulverde, Texas
                => Bade's Personal Web Log
                => Bade's Lutherie Web Log

Comment

• tfischer
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2003
                  • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
                  • BT3100

Happy new year all.

The period between now and spring is usually my best chance to get some woodshop time in so I'm looking forward to doing some projects soon.

I'll avoid asking about Christmas presents this year LOL!

Comment

• cwsmith
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2005
                    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                    • BT3100-1

Happy New Year to everyone from a very cold New York.

No complaining though (about the weather anyway), as we've had pretty un-seasonable temperatures up until this morning. Christmas Eve all us guys were out cooking dinner on the grill... in just short sleeves. I've never, ever done that before at any time in my life. But today, right now, it is a pretty brisk 10.4 degrees with very chilling breeze.

Congratulations to Loring on his retirement. I hope you enjoy every minute of it, and for a very, very long time. Nice part, I think, is that you're still going to consult. That helps to ease into it.

Hank Lee, I'm very sorry to hear that your back is giving you so much pain. I'm hoping that the Doc can pin some things down for you and offer some solution without drugs.

Hey, the new shed is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. So I'm excited about that. Will have to wire, insulated, and do a bunch of finishing but I can finally see my little shop coming together. While the stock market seemed to be going into the cellar today (figuratively), I think I'm finally going to get my woodworking out of the cellar (literally). I'm looking forward to happy and productive 2016.

I wish all the best for all of you,

CWS
                    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• TheRic
                      • Jun 2004
                      • West Central Ohio
                      • bt3100

Happy New Year. Finally getting a chance to stop back in after a couple of years away (from the site). Boy have things changed!! Hope to be around a little more in the future.
                      Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

Working...