This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrjr

delete account; Done Here

I have had it with this group; some are wonderful and some are Liberal Puke and I just can not take weeding through the idiocy any more; I am sorry for my limitations, but more than willing to admit them; like not being able to find where to delete my account? Or having patience for the prevailing attitude of some here; and a board that specifies in its' polices, No politics, yet some how the liberal posts keep coming, and as usual mostly go politely challenged, at best, by Normal Americans who actually love our country. The last thread discussing the disgrace of a human shirking his responsibility to the Army, the Country and, all of us really is to much for me to take. I am done.
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

post deleted...
    Last edited by JR; 09-28-2009, 09:27 AM.
    JR

Comment

• gsmittle
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2004
      • St. Louis, MO, USA.
      • BT 3100

Bye.

g.
      Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
      Bill & Ted

Comment

• crokett
        The Full Monte
        • Jan 2003
        • Mebane, NC, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

A few comments...

1. Your join date was August. The recent flareups on this board are not normal. Give it time.

2. Liberal pukes? How did you determine that? I've been a member for several years and really couldn't tell you what the politics of any of the other members are with any certainty.

3. Political/religious discussions aren't allowed. This extends to signatures/avatars/etc that are political or religious in nature. The recent thread about the Army officer has noting to do with politics. It has to do with an Army officer getting court-martialed for not following orders.

Sorry to see you go. I hope you reconsider.
        David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

I've got a problem with being called a "liberal puke" and an "idiot" also. I think there's a lot less liberal temperament on this board than most others I've experienced, not to mention a lot less politics, period. Unlike David, I'm not in favor of your giving it more time. If you're gonna be that hateful, then don't let the door hit you in the a** on your way out. With a post count of "2", it's not like you've contributed anything useful, anyway.

Comment

• jackellis
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2003
            • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
            • BT3100

Sorry to see you go. I hope you reconsider.
            I've got a problem with people who question someone's patriotism on the basis of their political views. Some of my family members are on the liberal side but they served long and distinguished careers in the military. Others are very conservative and also served. Which one is "normal"?

We get enough baiting and name-calling in the broadcast media. There's no place for it here.
            Last edited by jackellis; 09-28-2009, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• crokett
              The Full Monte
              • Jan 2003
              • Mebane, NC, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by jackellis
              We get enough baiting and name-calling in the broadcast media. There's no place for it here.
              No doubt. However, the OP's staying and participating can certainly be done without any name-calling. If we run off everybody who does that, then are we any better than than them?
              David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Woodwerker
                Established Member
                • Nov 2005

I will say a few things:

I do not read or post in the coffee pot that much. Just jokes to make people laugh as we all need that from time to time. I learned early on that this board does not tollerate posting of any right thinking beliefs. Does that bother me? A little, but I know that, so knowing that, I undertand and do not push the card. Are left leaning posts allowed here, yes. I dont think its too extreme, but it would be foolish to deny the facts. Again, if you know that going in it should not come as a surprise. What makes people angry in any forum is a lack of fairness. Does that occur here? I dont know. But I have more important things to focus on. There are many boards where conservatives and liberals can post at will. This is not one. Another thing to remember, and it took me a long time to understand... agruing with someone on the internet is like .... Google it.
                I like this board for other reasons. Thats why I keep coming back
                Every tool you own is broken, you just don't know it yet :-)

Comment

• bruce hylton
                  Established Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • winlock, wa
                  • Dewalt today

I come for the jokes and the people stuff cause most of the people on here have toy tools anyway. But you have to start somewhere.

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2006
                    • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
                    • BT3100

its really sad to see that you are not tolerant of others views. which is a major reason of why humanity is heading in the direction it is. we've got be more tolerant and respect others views, otherwise you will never get along with anyone, not just with people on this board.....

Comment

• skillybob
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Feb 2006
                      • Cedar Park, Texas
                      • BT3100

Man - there's no way to respond to a post like this, that is basically railing about the supposed political bias of this forum, without getting political with a reply. On some issues I'm conservative and some I'm liberal . I just don't like being called 'stupid' and a 'non-normal American' . I would invite the poster to return and accept this forum for what it is - a vast pool of knowledge to draw from. If not, then the Web is a pretty large place to get your needs - I'm sure there is another forum that will suit your political slant.

Comment

• Photojosh
                        Established Member
                        • Aug 2009
                        • Washington (the state)

Originally posted by mrjr
                        I have had it with this group; some are wonderful and some are Liberal Puke and I just can not take weeding through the idiocy any more; I am sorry for my limitations, but more than willing to admit them; like not being able to find where to delete my account? Or having patience for the prevailing attitude of some here; and a board that specifies in its' polices, No politics, yet some how the liberal posts keep coming, and as usual mostly go politely challenged, at best, by Normal Americans who actually love our country. The last thread discussing the disgrace of a human shirking his responsibility to the Army, the Country and, all of us really is to much for me to take. I am done.
                        Hilarious. Nice to get my laugh for the day early.

Comment

• Photojosh
                          Established Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • Washington (the state)

Although that does make me wonder if vB has a backend setting that would allow users to say "I don't want to see the 'coffee pot' area". Some people just can't handle OT type discussions and it gets their blood to boiling. And that is fine, but if there were a way to remove the temptation alltogether, it might make for some cooler heads.

Comment

• Russianwolf
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2004
                            • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
                            • One of them there Toy saws

Originally posted by skillybob
                            Man - there's no way to respond to a post like this, that is basically railing about the supposed political bias of this forum, without getting political with a reply. On some issues I'm conservative and some I'm liberal . I just don't like being called 'stupid' and a 'non-normal American' . I would invite the poster to return and accept this forum for what it is - a vast pool of knowledge to draw from. If not, then the Web is a pretty large place to get your needs - I'm sure there is another forum that will suit your political slant.
                            I'm with you on this. I have some very left leaning thoughts and some Very right leaning thoughts, but most are in the middle. I'm married to a Green Card Holder who was once an illegal. She and I conflict on immigration issues all the time.
                            Mike
                            Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• cgallery
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 2004
                              • Milwaukee, WI
                              • BT3K

Can't we all just get along?

Comment

Working...