X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Mar 2004
    • Northern NJ, USA.
    • BT3100

only about 110mph, but I do might do it more regularly than most. About 100-110 every few weeks when traffic bothers me and the right lane opens up (left and center lanes get clogged). I got a particular couple spots on the way home, won't say where along the GSP, 78 and 24. Not every week, but more than once a month.
    A Man is incomplete until he gets married ... then he's FINISHED!!!

Comment

• JimD
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2003
      • Lexington, SC.

I haven't gone much over 100 mph on a motorcycle and that was for short distances. Highest sustained speed was between 95 and 100, the most my Honda 450 would do. Gong faster required my buddies Kawasaki 900 and he wouldn't let me ride it long at 100+. Fastest standing on the seat was about 70 mph.

Fastest in a car was helping to move a friends 911. I went 120 or a little more several times. Him on the CB is what slowed me down. The car wanted to go faster. I've never cruised much over 80 mph in a car (or light truck). Most cars I've owned would not go 120 mph. I'm getting ready to buy a little BMW that is electronically contolled not so exceed 150mph. Should be fun.

Fastest I've gone is on commercial aviation and little rented planes. 400-500 mph.

Jim

Comment

• jonmulzer
        • Dec 2007
        • Indianapolis, IN

In my Corvette, 153 according to the digital speedo, which was right about the time the headlights were going to flip over due to the pressure under the hood. 143 in a Mazda MX-3. Roughly the same as the Corvette on a motorcycle. Needless to say, when you are on two wheels and telephone poles look like a picket fence you do the quickest glance you can at the speedo.

The MX-3 never would have done that from the factory but the 1.8l V6 (not a typo) was swapped for the 2.5l V6 from an MX-6 with quite a few modifications to it. Great little car and tons of fun for the money while still getting almost 30mpg. I never had a 3 liter muffler on a 2 liter engine though!

The bike was a GSXR750 with a big bore kit and aftermarket fuel injection. It really needed an extended swingarm, you could barely keep the front wheel on the ground.
        "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• dpaton
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2003
          • USA.
          • BT3000

119 in my daily driver Honda Civic back in the days when I was young and dumb. I still had pedal left, but the ECU stopped the party. I rode shotgun in a Porsche Cup 911 for a few warm up laps around Road America. I think we hit around 160, but that's a guess based on the tach and the gearbox numbers.

Fastest feeling was jumping out of an airplane (on purpose) and assuming the 'bullet' position. Something around 190 there. I'm skinny.

Fastest ever though was on a jet from LGA to ORD with a huge tailwind. Indicated was around 590mph according to the seat displays. My GPS was registering mach 0.85 (around 670mph at sea level).
          This is not a sig. This is a duck. Quack.

Comment

• Wood_workur
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2005
            • Ohio
            • Ryobi bt3100-1

I've gone about 80ish. Passing a semi, wan't really concerned about my speed, just wanted to get past the ting instead of hanging out behind it. It was all good until my mom looked over and told me to bring it back to 70.

Originally posted by Russianwolf
            no clue.... I had a 1980 RX-7 and red lined (7k rpm iirc) it in 5th gear. Speedo pegged at 80mph before I got out of 3rd.

Last week I took our Saturn Vue up to 100mph trying to recreate a drop in power that my wife claimed happened. She said I didn't go fast enough the first time. It's pretty dang quick for a SUV. had plenty of power left too.
            She probably didn't press the pedal hard enough for the thing to downshift. Happened to me the first time I tried to put the pedal on the floor.
            Alex

Comment

Working...