• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stan
    • Mar 2004
    • Kalispell, MT, USA.
    • BT3100, Delta 36-717

How was your weekend? (9/14/2008)

Hope everyone else had a great weekend. We had a very nice weekend with great weather for camping, could have used a bit of rain for elk hunting -- the hunting was excellent though. Got into the elk a couple times, could not get a bull to close the last 15-20 yards on Friday night, and got busted by a couple cows that snuck up behind me on Saturday morning.

The reservoir where we do most of our camping/hunting is quite low now, but that did not seem to hurt the fishing at all either.

... image deleted -- see below.
    Last edited by Stan; 09-14-2008, 09:49 PM.
    From the NW corner of Montana.
    http://www.elksigndesigns.com
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

I'm sure it looks very pretty. I see some blue sky and a gray box. Sigh.

I spent my weekend painting my oldest daughter's bedroom pink. My wife decided she had outgrown the baby paint scheme.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Stan
      • Mar 2004
      • Kalispell, MT, USA.
      • BT3100, Delta 36-717

Ok Dave, here is a Photobucket version just fer you. (With a quick resize as the original was pretty large).

Last edited by Stan; 09-14-2008, 08:41 PM.
      From the NW corner of Montana.
      http://www.elksigndesigns.com

Comment

• crokett
        The Full Monte
        • Jan 2003
        • Mebane, NC, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

Thank you kindly. That sure is some purty country up there. If it makes a difference, I tried looking at the picture in Chrome. It didn't display the picture at all. IE did, but it appeared to be a conglomeration of 2 or 3 pics.
        David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• twistsol
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
          • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

That photo looks far better than my weekend. I spent Saturday cleaning Mother In Law's Garage, took two pickup loads to the dump in the rain and mud, and there are still about 5 barrels of junk left in the garage.

Today I sprayed the last 4 closet doors for the remodel. I'll have time to hang them on Tuesday, then I just need to build doors and drawers for the bathroom cabinets and the first of five phases of remodeling this house is done. This phase took nearly a year and a half but it is the biggest.
          Chr's

Comment

• Pappy
            The Full Monte
            • Dec 2002
            • San Marcos, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 (x2)

Beautiful country up there! The reservoir does look like it could use some rain.

With the boys' help, I got the frame for the awning back up on the Playpen and, except for finishing the door logo and a little trim, got the paint done. Would have finished today but we had some spider webs inside our rear projection TV and this afternoon I pulled the back. While I was in there I cleaned the mirror, lens, and the inside of the screen. Like watching a new TV!
            Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
            Fools because they have to say something.
            Plato

Comment

• Ed62
              The Full Monte
              • Oct 2006
              • NW Indiana
              • BT3K

Yessir, that's God's country. Our neighbors down south sent a lot of rain our way. There's been some flooding locally, but we only got a slight leak in the basement, and a flooded garage. A lot of people got much worse.

Nothing to brag about with our weekend, but it could have been much worse.

Ed
              Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

I have nothing good to say about this %$#@! weekend. I have no idea if I have a house to go home to. Hurricane Ike was one real SOB. I was inland 200miles and where I was staying took damage and lost power... I am currently in a super rarelhy available hotel room with electricity now. My wife is showering for the first time since the storm...

If my house is gone, I am taking the insurance money and moving away from the coast...
                Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• codaman33
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Dec 2004
                  • Houston, TX, USA.

boy, now that is a loaded question

What did I do this weekend? Let's see...

Thursday night, I was running for my life. And the worst part is I am responsible for the donations for our club picnic next month, I had to leave it all at my house. Very unnerving. I did manage to bring the autographed copy of Sam Maloof's book.

Friday, Ike came to visit at like 9 or 10 pm. The rest of the day was spent waiting and watching. I live in Clear Lake, and I went to Sugar Land, TX.

Saturday, after getting no sleep, I surveyed the damage and helped my sister-in-law and family clean their yard up. Got home to Clear Lake, luckily, and found just limbs and the like in the yard. Actually, no damage to my house. And the funniest thing of all is electricity on my street goes off if the wind sneezes, We had, and are one of the only sections down here, that have full electricity. Luckily, we also have internet and cable.

Sunday, I spent today cleaning other people yards today, mainly the elderly on my street. At least there were other people that could chip in from the street.

So all in all, I had a really boring weekend. I am not sure about Lchien or other members here in Houston and the surrounding area. I know that there is one guy on here from League City which is south towards Galveston. Do I have to go to work tomorrow? I am just thankful that my wife and I are okay, and that we have a place to live. Have a great night. Good luck to all down here, and God bless.

Comment

• codaman33
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Dec 2004
                    • Houston, TX, USA.

want me to go check your house out, dbhost

DBhost, I can swing by and check it out for you if I can get down there. Let me know if you need me to do that. I live off Bay Area and Clear Lake City Blvd.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

excruciating. Stuck overseas whilst I watch via the internet, my hometown get pummeled by a direct hit named Ike while my wife stayed at home.
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA
                      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                        The Full Monte
                        • May 2007
                        • Sunshine State
                        • BT3000

Well, let's see... This weekend I billed out some work from last week, traced out the wiring for a bad sprinkler valve, mounted a cargo net in LOML's trunk, changed the oil in the Lincoln, fired up the grill for 4 slabs o'ribs... ...and then lounged around with a few really cold ones and pigskin on the toob (with UCF and the Gators both idle this weekend, there was no tailgating to be done). Did do a considerable bit of worrying about the welfare of our friends in the TX. After 40 years or so of relative peace and quiet, we have had our share of weather trauma these last few years, so I can definitely sympathize.

Comment

• iceman61
                          • Oct 2007
                          • West TN
                          • Bosch 4100-09

I spent most of my day riding around the county trying to pick up some roofing & siding jobs from the high winds around here. Everyone in my line of work (remodeling, roofing & siding) have suffered a hugh halt in work since July. Picked up 3 definates & 2 more that I get to bid on. Been thinking seriously about heading down to TX to see if I can get enough work to keep my crew from going broke before christmas.

I hope all you guys in Texas are ok. You have been in my prayers.
                          Last edited by iceman61; 09-14-2008, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
                            Bandsaw Box Momma
                            • Apr 2005
                            • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

http://bt3gallery.cpu-etc.com/main.p...avId=x4d24d60a

I hope this works. But this is a picture of Mt. Rainier, I believe, Mark and the kids and I went for a drive to a place called Quartz Mountain and we had a view of Rainier and of the Stuart Ranges, which is in this one and the other picture is of Thomas and his big sister in the back ground. The picture is kind of dark but you can kind of see him.

Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• JimD
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2003
                              • Lexington, SC.

I finished up the kitchen table I posted in the finished projects section and then delivered it to my son. While I was waiting on finish to dry I dropped a dead 40-50 foot oak tree and cut it up for firewood. I nicked the second driveway and damaged a second tree but it was pretty close to the house so it could have gone a bunch worse. I also cut the lawn and spread some pre-emergent.

Jim

Comment

Working...