• Show
Clear All
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

Did the flu get you?

It's been really bad around here the last few weeks. During the last week, two of my grandkids went to the emergency room with it. One of them also seemed to have a siezure, although doctors are divided on that. The other one is on growth hormones, and they were told to get her in to see a doc if the temperature is 102 or over. It was 104, so she wound up at the emergency room in the middle of the night.

My oldest son came down with the flu a few days ago, and he finally went to see the doc today.

My youngest daughter called me today. Her daughter is one who was in the emergency room a few days ago. My daughter was so sick today, she couldn't take care of the little one, and I was the only one she could get on the phone. I went to her house for a couple of hours, until her sister got home from work. Then I took my granddaughter to her house. I suppose the fact that I was at my daughter's place while she was sick, means I'll be next.

Ed
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

It got me back in January. I was laid up in bed for 5 days and took me nearly twice that to shake the lasting effects. I havent been "go to bed" sick for over 10 years. It was nasty!!
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Comment

• jackellis
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
      • BT3100

We've probably escaped for this year. My wife is a flu shot regular. First flu shot for me in many years.

I guess the colds we came down with last week were pretty mild stuff. Hope everyone else can avoid the crud.

Comment

• mater
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • SC, USA.

It has made its run through our family and one of our daughters and 2 SIL's were down for over a week with it. My wife was down with it last week. None of our grandchildren have had it. I have been taking a flu shot every year for over 20 years except one I missed a few years ago because of the recall on them and to my knowledge I have never had the flu. ( Knock on wood )
        Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• Slik Geek
          • Dec 2006
          • Lake County, Illinois
          • Ryobi BT-3000

I just spent six days completely non-functional. I was starting to wonder if I would ever get better. Still have lingering effects (today is day number seven), but my mind is finally clear. I was so foggy, I couldn't even do light reading to kill the time. I woke up each morning exhausted - didn't even feel a little bit better after sleeping for hours!

My son got hit in December and missed 12 days of school. He had it worse, and its course was similar to mine (his was twice as long). He just couldn't shake it. Never seen a virus so tenacious.

Comment

• billwmeyer
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2003
            • Weir, Ks, USA.
            • BT3000

I was sick for about 3 or 4 days, then about 10 days later I was sick for about another 3. I had a flu shot.

Bill
            "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• JetDoc
              Forum Newbie
              • Aug 2003
              • Douglasville, Georgia, USA.
              • Delta Unisaw 36-L31X-BC50

It floored me for about four days. My temp peaked just shy of 104. Still have the cough to remind me of it, three weeks later.
              JetDoc

Douglasville,GA

Comment

• LCHIEN
                Internet Fact Checker
                • Dec 2002
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

no, but the soaring pollen count is driving my nose crazy.
                Loring in Katy, TX USA
                If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Pappy
                  The Full Monte
                  • Dec 2002
                  • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 (x2)

The wife was sick for over a week, but so far it hasn't hit me.
                  Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                  Fools because they have to say something.
                  Plato

Comment

• gad5264
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2005
                    • Columbus, Ohio, USA
                    • BT3000/BT3100NIB

YTBD, my youngest was throwing up on Friday night and I was taking care of her. So only time will tell if I get it also. I am putting my flu shot to the test.
                    Grant
                    "GO Buckeyes"

My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264

Comment

• pierhogunn
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2003
                      • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

hippie rant on//

for any and all, Sambucol ( black elderberry syrup) and Olive leaf extract are purported natural anti-virals

We use them at the home with good success, I had flu like symptoms for a day on that stuff.

hippie rant off//
                      It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

• julienl
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Mar 2008
                        • Bronx, NY
                        • Craftsman 21829

Got us too...

Wifey and daughter got it first... and I though that I was invincible... nope... got me too and to top it off I also got an ear infection... This has been going for a couple of days now.
                        Julien-

Comment

• Ed62
                          The Full Monte
                          • Oct 2006
                          • NW Indiana
                          • BT3K

My oldest son went to the doc yesterday. It wasn't the flu. It was a bad case of bronchitis. The pharmacist told him they expect to run out of the most prescribed medicines.

Ed
                          Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• mschrank
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2004
                            • Hood River, OR, USA.
                            • BT3000

flu shot?

I'm curious, why aren't more of you getting the flu shot?
                            Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
                              Bandsaw Box Momma
                              • Apr 2005
                              • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Originally posted by mschrank
                              I'm curious, why aren't more of you getting the flu shot?
                              One of the reasons that I don't get the flu shot is because they have always told me that if you have a reaction to eggs that you shouldn't get a shot. I can't eat eggs with out getting sick to my stomach so that is the reason that I don't get one. Plus I have had flu like symptoms but I haven't had the flu in a couple of years. Just last week I was feverish and achy but I wasn't sick. By the next day I was feeling pretty good, now I just have a little bit of a cold that is hanging on.
                              Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

Working...