X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jabe
    • Apr 2006
    • Hilo, Hawaii
    • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

In my younger years it was hunting (rifle & archery), fishing, beer.
    Now it's golf, beer, fishing, beer.

I would like to travel more and play golf at different places.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

When is a hobby, not a hobby?

When you get harrased into doing things for others, when you try to do it to relax.
      Used to like photography, haven't done it in years (see above).
      Used to like cars, now if I set foot in the garage (to borrow one of my tools) I get put to work.
      Computers (building and gaming/networking), but after all, can you do xyz for me...
      Bicycling (just riding, not distance or anything fancy) now no time, and 100+ temp days, and no a/c at home.
      Woodworking, I would like to get into that, I have the tools, but what I tend to do is "projects" and fix its. (and guess what people keep wanting me to start doing for them).
      Women (no time, not a hobby but more of a full time job, and if you all knew some of my experience, you'd shudder and buy me body armor).

Next time a hobby isn't a hobby, I am selling it off.
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Hoyden
        Established Member
        • Jan 2005
        • Twin Falls, ID, USA.

After reading the other responses I am amazed at the diversity of the members.

As with most I have tried Hunting and Fly Fishing and camping especially when the kids were at home, Photography, fly tying, Model Railroading now its Golf and WW. Need more time for the woodworking probably won’t happen until I retire.
        PawPaw

Comment

• DUD
          Royal Jester
          • Dec 2002
          • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000

Besides Woodworking, My GrandDaughters are high priority, Mark Martin\Nascar, My other things have been put on hold. In My prior life, I was a PADI certified Scuba Diver, Had a couple of lessons on getting My Private Pilot license, was a workaholic, and now it seems like all I do is repair things. Bill
          5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• Howard
            Established Member
            • Jan 2006
            • Plano, Tx.
            • Laguna Platinum Series - sold my BT!

Boy, howdy...do I have expensive hobbies... Let's see, I played competitive golf in high school and college so I keep up with that, I am a current private pilot (boy, is it expensive to rent a cessna these days!), and I love photography. Not looking to take on any new hobbies. The wife would kill me!
            Howard, the Plano BT3'r.

Confucious say, "Man who get too big for britches will be exposed in the end."

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."
            - Mark Twain

Comment

• Tundra_Man
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2003
              • Sioux Falls, SD, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3100

1. In order of the amount of time spent doing each activity: riding motorcycle (every day), running (five times a week), playing guitar/piano/bass/drums/singing (at least one gig a week), reading (an hour or two here and there), model rockets (I'll mess with them about once a year.) I gave up golf, computer games and model airplanes when my son was born, as I no longer had the time.

2. I've always wanted to learn how to paint, ala Bob Ross.
              Last edited by Tundra_Man; 08-08-2006, 01:55 PM.
              Terry

Life's too short to play an ordinary guitar: Tundra Man Custom Guitars

Comment

• Mar 2004
                • Northern NJ, USA.
                • BT3100

Scorpio-Skydiving

Something I am convinced I'll never try: skydiving. There is a saying: if at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you. Call it a premonition, but I KNOW I'll go splat.

That's a good one for skydiving. I once asked a guy who had dove (diven?)severa times and mentioned that for me the death thing wasn't as bad as the two minutes or so of knowing you're gonna die, and making a choice of head first or feet first or whatever. He stated that they taught him in dive school that should the chute not open, "you had the rest of your life to think about what to do". He wasn't joking, but I though it was the funniest (and most truthful) thing ever.

curt j.
                A Man is incomplete until he gets married ... then he's FINISHED!!!

Comment

• dave40261
                  Established Member
                  • Feb 2003
                  • Springfield, MO, USA.

Arcade games and recently pinball machines have drawn me away from the WW hobby. It's also why I rarely stop by... I've become a real regular on BYOAC forums. I am about to jump back into the WW fray as we just moved into a different house. Renovation is calling to me.

I would like to build motorcycles. Custom fab frames and the like. My wife has a huge fear of MCs though, so it will probably never happen.
                  After careful scrutiny of the quality of fellow members signature line comments, I have determined that it would be in my best interest to abstain from further attempts at wit.

Comment

• rcp612
                    Established Member
                    • May 2005
                    • Mount Vernon, OH, USA.
                    • Bosch 4100-09

1. Bass Fishing

2. Reading this forum

3. Did I mention Bass fishing?
                    Do like you always do,,,,,,Get what you always get!!

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
                      Bandsaw Box Momma
                      • Apr 2005
                      • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

The answer to the first question is that I bowl weekly with my mother grandmother, great aunt and an aunt, and also a cousin. I love bowling and usually I don't have to take the kids with me when I go.

And the second question is a little harder for me to answer. I would actually love to learn how to quilt and making clothes.
                      Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• rja
                        Established Member
                        • Jul 2004
                        • New Kensington, Pennsylvania, USA.
                        • BT3100-1

1. www.rjablacksmith.com keeps me pretty busy.
                        2. More time for woodworking and woodturning.

Comment

• Lee4847
                          Established Member
                          • Feb 2006
                          • Canton, Oh
                          • BT3100

Cycling the rails to trails. LOML and I would rather be on a trail in PA than watch TV..

Always wanted to tru Scuba and fliying a glider
                          Cut twice.... measure??

Comment

Working...