Besides woodworking, what else?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mschrank
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2004
    • 1130
    • Hood River, OR, USA.
    • BT3000

    #16
    1. Cooking (not baking), backpacking, used to mountain bike a lot.
    2. World travel.

    Back in my college days, the list of current hobbies would have been much longer, but now with two little ones at home, seems I don't have time for ANY hobbies except for cooking...and that's quickly becoming a chore more than a hobby. Don't get me wrong, love the little ones more than I ever thought possible...but sure could use some more "me" time
    Mike

    Drywall screws are not wood screws

    Comment

    • gsmittle
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2004
      • 2793
      • St. Louis, MO, USA.
      • BT 3100

      #17
      1. Bass fishing, camping, backpacking. Did I mention bass fishing?

      2. I took a hang gliding lesson a few years back. I'd love to get my certification.

      g.
      Smit

      "Be excellent to each other."
      Bill & Ted

      Comment

      • Ken Weaver
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2004
        • 2417
        • Clemson, SC, USA
        • Rigid TS3650

        #18
        1) folk music
        2) retirement
        Ken Weaver
        Clemson, SC

        "A mistake is absolute proof that someone tried to do something!

        Comment

        • RayintheUK
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2003
          • 1792
          • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
          • Ryobi BT3000

          #19
          Originally posted by MilDoc
          2. I have always dremed of taking a 3 month around-the-world cruise - maybe after retirement!
          But, the next year you'll want to go somewhere else!

          1) Computers - both building, installing and websites; advanced driver training - occasionally, to keep my hand in; photography; fly fishing; anything to improve the home; bareboat yachting - usually Greek Islands.

          2) Understand women. Sorry - unrealistic ambition!

          Ray.
          Did I offend you? Click here.

          Comment

          • scmhogg
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2003
            • 1839
            • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
            • BT3000

            #20
            1. WW is definitely #1, tennis and cooking [really playing chef, Global Knives, All-Clad pots and pans, etc.].

            2. More of the above.

            Steve
            I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

            Comment

            • darrellcraig
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2006
              • 44
              • Seattle, WA, USA.

              #21
              Cycling (road and mtn), skiing, music/audiophile, photography

              Comment

              • just4funsies
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2005
                • 843
                • Florida.
                • BT3000

                #22
                Martial Arts
                ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

                Comment

                • Doug Jones
                  Established Member
                  • Oct 2004
                  • 332
                  • Indiana
                  • Delta 36-444

                  #23
                  Another cyclist here (just started about 2 months ago). Road bike that is. Hoping to do a century ride next year.
                  Also gardening, fishing, Nascar.

                  Comment

                  • lrogers
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 3853
                    • Mobile, AL. USA.
                    • BT3000

                    #24
                    My avatar pretty much shows the "other hobby", flying R/C helicopters. The smaller, white helo is a .50 powered Sceadu Evo 50 and the larger, yellow & white one is a .70 powered Freya SST-Eagle.

                    Someday, I would like to learn to fly a full scale helo.
                    Larry R. Rogers
                    The Samurai Wood Butcher
                    http://splash54.multiply.com
                    http://community.webshots.com/user/splash54

                    Comment

                    • cabinetman
                      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                      • Jun 2006
                      • 15216
                      • So. Florida
                      • Delta

                      #25
                      Hobbies include firearms and shooting, martial arts, performance driving and instruction. Have been a little short on time for these.

                      Would like to do more woodcarving. Maybe learn PC programming.



                      "I'M NEVER WRONG - BUT I'M NOT ALWAYS RIGHT"

                      Comment

                      • Rounder
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2003
                        • 1287
                        • Sanford, FL, USA.
                        • BT3100

                        #26
                        1. Playing in a no limit Hold-em league on Tuesday nights.

                        2. Sighting in a couple of flintlock rifles. You shoot a round, reload, shot another round, reload shoot a third round. Get the file and file the front sight. Repeat the process. Once it starts hitting the paper, you tinker with the load, and file some more. Smooth bores are even more fun to sight in.

                        Going hand in hand with #2, is getting ready for the upcoming re-enacting season. Starts this year in South Carolina over the Labor Day weekend.
                        George AKA Rounder

                        "Amarillo Slim, the greatist proposition gambler of all time held to his father's maxim; You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."

                        Comment

                        • scorrpio
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2005
                          • 1566
                          • Wayne, NJ, USA.

                          #27
                          Sports: SCUBA diving, inline skates, skiing, rock climbing.

                          Used to play computer games and in general tinker with computers a lot, but recently that one has taken a backseat to the main hobby:

                          HOME IMPROVEMENT. (Which includes plumbing, electrical, masonry, carpentry, and about everything else you can do in a home) Never had that much motivation until buying my own place.

                          Once I crawl out of the basement or off the roof and take a shower, I like to indulge in yet another hobby of mine: Imported dark beer.

                          Something I am convinced I'll never try: skydiving. There is a saying: if at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you. Call it a premonition, but I KNOW I'll go splat.

                          Comment

                          • Tom Miller
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2003
                            • 2507
                            • Twin Cities, MN
                            • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

                            #28
                            1. Model rockets -- nothing over-the-top, just Estes stuff. We recently started making our own with lathe-made nose cones, tube couplers, etc., and resawn balsa for fins.

                            2. Outdoor stuff: snow skiing, hiking, camping, though way too little of those. But that's getting better as our "team" is growing up.

                            Regards,
                            Tom

                            Comment

                            • Popeye
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 2003
                              • 1848
                              • Woodbine, Ga
                              • Grizzly 1023SL

                              #29
                              There Is Something Other Than WW??? That and remodeling My Old House, are what I do. After it cools down I want to get my bike rolling again.
                              When the house is paid for I want to do an around the country drive, all four corners and through the middle. No time limit, no hurrying, just want to revisit the most beautiful country on earth. I'm cheap so I'll be collecting addresses Pat
                              Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

                              Comment

                              • vaking
                                Veteran Member
                                • Apr 2005
                                • 1428
                                • Montclair, NJ, USA.
                                • Ryobi BT3100-1

                                #30
                                Playing chess. About 70 points left towards national master, not that its a milestone of any significance.
                                Alex V

                                Comment

                                Working...