X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newbie2wood
    Established Member
    • Apr 2004
    • NJ, USA.

Worked as a programmer/analyst for 5 years. Spent two years as a clinical psychologist. Twenty years with the police department, last 5 years employed as a police sergeant. Actually, I think I was a professional student (35 years of full-time and part-time studies).
    ________
    The Cliff Condos Pattaya
    Last edited by newbie2wood; 09-15-2011, 05:35 AM.

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
      Bandsaw Box Momma
      • Apr 2005
      • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

No Rick spending time in chat did not influence our youngest sons name. To tell you the truth Mark had picked it out when we found out we were having twins. His full name is Thomas Jefferson Stripes, Mark said a name to be remembered.
      Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• scmhogg
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2003
        • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
        • BT3000

Lawyer--for nearly 34 years my practice has been limited to criminal defense, in both the State and Federal Courts. I spent the first 4 years as a Los Angeles County Public Defender, and the last 30 in private practice.

I have handled cases in Hawaii, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and, of course, California.

My caseload has included drugs, murder, fraud, organized crime, rape, arson, all the way down to petty theft.

I hope we never meet professionally.

Steve
        I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

• darrellcraig
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2006
          • Seattle, WA, USA.

Co-owner in small boutique management consulting company here in Seattle serving tech industry including the big int'l software developer based here.

Comment

• Roger on the Rock
            Forum Newbie
            • Apr 2006
            • St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
            • BT-3100

Retired Canadian Air Force helicopter pilot. Now flying commercial helicopters as a paying hobby...to pay for non-paying hobbies...like woodworking!

Comment

• MilDoc

Originally posted by Mrs. Wallnut
              And now I just stay home and take care of the kids. Ten year old twins and 7 month old Thomas.
              The most important "job" in the world! Ditto to all other comments. 10 year old twins? OMG!

Late 1960's: college student and "hippie." Sure can't see it now but my hair was down to my shoulders, my beard down to my chest. Looked like a member of ZZ Top! (Yeah, it was turning gray even then.) 1967 in Berkely at the "Summer of Love," 1968 at the Democratic Convention. Woodstock too. Lot's of protesting that didn't do a whole lot of good.

After med school, 4 years private practice (YECH!), then 13 years Professor of Pediatrics at a "prestigious" school, until it got tiring. Med Scool beaureaucracy worse then Washington.

Now, pediatrician at Fort Hood, trying to help the kids survive Iraq.

NO job is unimportant (except maybe Vice Pres., USA, and CEO of a "big" company). I learned that in med school. No "janitors" -- lots of hospital infections.

So, keep at it folks! You won't make $40M a year, but do your job with pride.
              Last edited by Guest; 08-03-2006, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• tlt
                Established Member
                • Jan 2006
                • Tucson, Arizona.
                • Delta 36-682

another one in for rocket scientist, but i prefer the term "does stuff with computers"

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • York, PA, USA.

Self employed consultant to insurance industry including state and federal government. Companies and government agencies hire me to figure out their problems and fixes. 99% of the time the problem is the people themselves! (100% when involved in federal government work!).

Comment

• MilDoc

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
                    99% of the time the problem is the people themselves! (100% when involved in federal government work!).
                    Boy, ain't that the truth!

Comment

• Popeye
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2003
                      • Woodbine, Ga
                      • Grizzly 1023SL

Retired Submarine Master Chief. Didn't want anything in a second career that required a resume', I'd had enough responsibility. Followed the family tradition and started driving a a truck. Currently haul "liquid gold" out of Jacksonville, Fl to SE Georgia and NE Florida. And NO, they don't give me free samples or discounts Pat
                      Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• Rslaugh
                        • Sep 2003
                        • Punta Gorda, FL, USA.
                        • None right now

Originally posted by Mrs. Wallnut
                        No Rick spending time in chat did not influence our youngest sons name. ....

Whew! now I can sleep tonight.
                        Rick
                        IG: @rslaugh_photography
                        A sailor travels to many lands, Any place he pleases
                        And he always remembers to wash his hands, So's he don't gets no diseases
                        ~PeeWee Herman~

Comment

• gsmittle
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 2004
                          • St. Louis, MO, USA.
                          • BT 3100

I'm a teacher (some of my students might grow up to be rocket scientists) starting my fourth year. I taught stagecraft and this year I'll be teaching acting. Before that I spent 8 1/2 years in the private sector, working for a relocation services company.

Before that, working on my PhD. Still don't have it.

Before that, a school computer nerd.

Before that, professional actor & scene carpenter/designer, radio personality, commercial photographer. I guess you could say I get bored easily.

Haven't waited tables yet, though....

g.
                          Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
                          Bill & Ted

Comment

• cabinetman
                            Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                            • Jun 2006
                            • So. Florida
                            • Delta

After reading these it's amazing how tech oriented we really are. For those who had several jobs, those experiences are part of life. My father was a dentist for some 30 years and hated every minute. He always wanted to be an architect. He was a very talented wood carver and was extremely creative in many areas. What's important is to try to enjoy what we do, since it's where we spend so much time.

"I'M NEVER WRONG - BUT I'M NOT ALWAYS RIGHT"

Comment

• Thom2
                              Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
                              • Jan 2003
                              • Stevens, PA, USA.
                              • Craftsman 22124

Originally posted by cabinetman
                              My father was a dentist for some 30 years and hated every minute.
                              I'll bet it had something to do with his 'mouthy customers'

(I can hear the 'groans' already)
                              If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
                              **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• gmack5
                                Veteran Member
                                • Dec 2002
                                • Quapaw, Oklahoma, USA.
                                • Ryobi BT3000SX & BT3100

I'm a retired Mechanical Engineer.
                                Worked in Connector Technology and AeroSpace.

Helped develope the Weather Satilites for NOOA and also did some work on Military Communications Equipment. Hold several Patents.

Been retired for 9 years now and am really getting spoiled about not having to get up in the morning.
                                Stop thinking why you can't and Start thinking how you CAN!
                                Remember, SUCCESS comes in CANS!
                                George

Comment

Working...