Back to:
    http://Woodworkstuff.net/

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by Scottydont
      I am a big fan of the Austin Powers movies with many memeorable one liners. My sig has a audio file link highlighting the line featuring Scottydon't.
      That's great. I never put that together. I love Goldmember.

My user id is obviously my real name. Some sites such as Woodnet require full name so I kept it consistent albeit boring.

Comment

• dick541
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2004
        • Stoneville, north carolina, USA.
        • BT3100

dick541

Dick Cunningham is my name but it is to d**m long. Some place I went to way back when, needed a number with the name so I used my loml's call number from the state park where we where camphosts "541", and have used it for almost all my places on the net, and she uses"s it with her name rita541. Rangers used too when they sighout for the day.

Comment

• beetee3
          Established Member
          • Feb 2005
          • The Sunshine State

Because I (aspire to) make precision wood cuts...

Comment

• Tom Slick
            Veteran Member
            • May 2005
            • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
            • sears BT3 clone

**There's a girl in my wife's youth group who is pregnant and due any day. She knows the baby is a girl. The father decided (and somehow convinced the girl to agree) to name the child "L.e" (pronounced like "Ellie".) Proof in my opinion that these kids aren't prepared in any way to be parents.***

That's not a new idea, my grandfather's name was C.T. and his brother's name was J.B., those are not initials, it's their first names!

Tom Slick is because my first name is Tom and I like the old cartoon "Tom Slick".
            Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
              Bandsaw Box Momma
              • Apr 2005
              • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Names are very funny and some parents don't stop and think about what they are going to name their children. When I was pregnant with the now ten year old twins someone asked Mark what names we had picked out for them. Well the boys names were Richard Keith Stripes (after Marks dad) and then being a smart alec looked at the nurse and said very seriously Stars Ann...when she said the full name together she started laughing and I could hear her telling a couple of the other nurses in the clinic.

Well before we found out that we had a boy and a girl I liked the name Annabelle from one of my favorite movies. So I wanted to name a girl Annabelle Sandra Stripes (Sandra is my mothers name) Mark said no because of what her initials would be A.S.S I hadn't thought about the intials but didn't think that would be a good one later in life. And some of the names that people come up with for their children I really feel sorry for the kids.
              Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• RodKirby
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
                • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

What can I say...

Somehow I just don't feel like a "Boomerang", or a "Wombat"
                Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

• MilDoc

Originally posted by RodKirby
                  What can I say...

Somehow I just don't feel like a "Boomerang", or a "Wombat"
                  How about Mr. Clean

Comment

• RayintheUK
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 2003
                    • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
                    • Ryobi BT3000

You could have a wild guess where my forum name comes from!

However, on a couple of British forums, that wouldn't work, so I'm known as "Argee" (the sound of my initials).

Ray.
                    Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• Stan
                      • Mar 2004
                      • Kalispell, MT, USA.
                      • BT3100, Delta 36-717

Uhhh... I just wasn't very creative when it came to a login name. Used Snowshoe (don't ask) for the first few days and then changed to my given name after using the chat room for a while.
                      From the NW corner of Montana.
                      http://www.elksigndesigns.com

Comment

• just4funsies
                        • Dec 2005
                        • Florida.
                        • BT3000

Originally posted by Tom Slick
                        That's not a new idea, my grandfather's name was C.T. and his brother's name was J.B., those are not initials, it's their first names!
                        There's the story about the guy whose first name was "J.B.", and when he tried to obtain a state I.D. by mail, it was returned with the stern instructions that he should write his full name on the application, without initials. (All this in spite of the documentation he provided that this was indeed his first name.) So he sent back the application, with another copy of his BC, and the inscription: "J" only, "B" only, and the result was (you guessed it) a card listing his name as "Jonly Bonly". Only in America...
                        ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

Comment

• bigsteel15
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2006
                          • Edmonton, AB
                          • Ryobi BT3100

I have to tell you, my nephew is named Gable. Strange enough on its own, but then finish it off with Gavin Goulet.
                          Gable Gavin Goulet
                          Not sure what my sister was on when she came up with that one.
                          My parents called him GG for a very short time.

Good news is that the girls never forget his name. He's 15 now and has many of them.
                          Brian

Welcome to the school of life
                          Where corporal punishment is alive and well.

Comment

• Thalermade
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Ohio
                            • BT 3000

2 combined thoughts created Thalermade.

1. My screen name is to honor some past generations without people thinking I am a golfer. (Taylormade) A little bit of woodworking from my Dad. His Dad really enjoyed woodworking, as he once apprenticed under his father-in-law. If it weren't for some economic issues back in the late 1920's I think my Grandfather would have had a different career.

2. A number of generations ago in my family there were some Thalers. (name was changed to Taylor for unknown reasons, though my uncle suspects immigration) so I decided to use Thaler in place of Taylor.

Russ

Comment

• mschrank
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 2004
                              • Hood River, OR, USA.
                              • BT3000

I'm really glad this question was posted, as I've often wondered about some of these names.

When I signed up here, I didn't realize that 'mschrank' was going to show up as my moniker...I thought it was just what I would use to login (shows how experienced I was with forums at the time). So 'mschrank' is my first initial and part of my last name, and is just the standard login I use everywhere else.
                              Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• thrytis
                                • May 2004
                                • Concord, NC, USA.
                                • Delta Unisaw

Thrytis is a name i made up for a role playing game long ago. I later used it as a character in some online games. I helped out some people i met in the games with computer issues, and since that is all they knew me by they created my account on their servers with that id. I discovered that this was a unique name on the Internet, so i've continued to use that for my user name at various sites. It is convenient not having to go through 100 iterations of a user name when registering to find one that hasn't been taken already.
                                Eric

Comment

Working...