X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs. Wallnut
    Bandsaw Box Momma
    • Apr 2005
    • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Well my username came from, well as most of you know my Old Man is Blackwallnut, so I just added the MRS. part and then dropped the black...so now I am that.. Actually when I joined this forum I was trying to figure out a GOOD username, but was having a problem doing so...I was talking with Mark on the phone and he was throwing out names and when HE said Mrs. Wallnut, I liked the sound of it.
    Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• Stytooner
      Roll Tide RIP Lee
      • Dec 2002
      • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
      • BT3100

Long, Long ago in a place Far, Far away......well, not that far away or that long ago really. Before Sharks and before BT's, I had a passion for drawing and thinking up crazy off the wall stuff. Guess I still have that passion. I sent out thousands of cartoons to publishers on speculation. I finally started getting published and most importantly, receiving checks to pay for postage. When I received enough checks that I feel I broke even on postage, I quit shipping them out. I had accomplished my goal to be recognized as good enough to publish. I then started making toons strictly for the web.
      From this I got several jobs illustrating children's books and many folks have contacted me wanting to print some of my stuff. I had a blast drawing these and will continue as time permits possibly.
      Here is what is left of my website for toons.
      http://www.stytoons.f2s.com

Here is my spin off of one of my favorite artists, Dali.

Lee

Comment

• jwaterdawg
        • Aug 2005
        • Washington, NC USA
        • JET

My other pasttime is flyfishing. One day years ago I was fishing in East Tennesse with a stringer of bows tied onto my ankle. Suddenly the stringer got really heavy and as I pulled it up I found a ~2 foot waterdog trying to steal one of my trout. Needless to say I fought him for it but admired his/her tenacity enough to adopt the username. The "j" in jwaterdawg refers to my first initial.
        Don't be stupid, the universe is watching.

Comment

• BobSch
          • Aug 2004
          • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
          • BT3100

First three letters of my first and last name. Yawn...
          Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• Copper
            Established Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Madison, WI.
            • BT3100

Mine's a college nickname. My last name starts with "Halt", something a cop would say. So my roomate gave me the nickname Copper. I've used it ever since.
            - Dennis

"If your mind goes blank, don't forget to turn off the sound." --Red Green
            and yes, it's a potato.

Comment

• Otter
              • Nov 2003
              • Cumming, GA, USA.
              • Delta Left Tilt UniSaw

Its a

Mine is a nickname that has been passed through 3 generations. One day your a <incert first name here> Ottesen, then prople start calling you Otter.

I am a honored to be called Otter
              All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible

T.E. Lawrence

Comment

• Stick
                • Sep 2003
                • Grand Rapids, MB, Canada.
                • BT3100

Originally posted by scmhogg
                scmhogg is my real name. Stephen Clive Malcolm Hogg.

I hated my parents when I was little. The first day of school was always a nightmare.

Steve
                Could have been worse. A friend of mine, Harold Hogg, had a daughter named Lillian. Of course as soon as she started school she was forever known as Lil' Hogg, and Harold's wife became known as Big Hogg, and Harold became Hairy Hogg.

Comment

• Stick
                  • Sep 2003
                  • Grand Rapids, MB, Canada.
                  • BT3100

Mine comes sort of from my former profession and sort of from a personal possession many years ago. I was a long haul trucker in a former life, and my main personal vehicle was an old Dodge power wagon, from back in the days when transfer cases still had separate shifter for hi-low and 2-4, and when driveshaft drum parking brakes were the norm. And mine had a PTO winch with a floor shifter as well. So there were 4 shifters and a brake lever growing out of the floor. My work truck was an old White Mustang, with a 200 Cummins and a 5&4, and it was so gutless you needed to use evey one of those gears. My buddies called me Stickshift, because it seemed that's all I ever did. When I came to my present job 28 years ago, I still had the old Power Wagon, and the name stuck, but got shortened over the years. So now at work I'm stuck with Stick. Even my wives and kids and in-laws from two former families all call me Stick.

Comment

• Tundra_Man
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2003
                    • Sioux Falls, SD, USA.
                    • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by scmhogg
                    scmhogg is my real name. Stephen Clive Malcolm Hogg.

I hated my parents when I was little. The first day of school was always a nightmare.
                    There's a girl in my wife's youth group who is pregnant and due any day. She knows the baby is a girl. The father decided (and somehow convinced the girl to agree) to name the child "L.e" (pronounced like "Ellie".) Proof in my opinion that these kids aren't prepared in any way to be parents.

Back on topic, my user name was given to me by my wife. She moved from New Orleans to South Dakota when we got married. During the first winter she noticed that I would spend hours at a time working outside in sub-zero temperatures, and started calling me "Tundra Man". When the internet came along and I needed a screen name, it was a natural choice.
                    Terry

Life's too short to play an ordinary guitar: Tundra Man Custom Guitars

Comment

• pierhogunn
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2003
                      • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

I put mine together based off of a 2 letter greek nickname from my fraternity, I was in chagre of all things fire realted, so they gave me pi and rho, I just added an E, and then later on, someone else already put the pie and rho together so I just added GUNN, which is the name of the scottish clan my family comes from.
                      It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

• Wood_workur
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2005
                        • Ohio
                        • Ryobi bt3100-1

mine is from when I jointed the forum, I wanted to stay anoumous (didn't know about the quality of people here, but that quickly changed), and wanted to quickly come up with a name, because I had a question I didn't want to forget. If my usermname was lost, and I had to make a new one, I would probably stay the same, becuase that is my name on almost every forum.
                        Alex

Comment

• AZ Tom
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Sep 2005
                          • Murrieta, CA, USA.
                          • Ryobi BT3000

I lived my entire life in California up until 1991, then spent 10 years in Arizona. I loved the place, and hope to move back when I retire. (assuming I make it that long). I didn't want to change my name upon retirement.

Tom

Comment

• gjbivin
                            Established Member
                            • Jan 2005
                            • Gilbert, AZ, USA.
                            • BT3100

Not being as creative as I always hoped I'd be, I just use my first and middle initials tacked onto my last name. At least it's easy for me to remember (a necessity when you get to be fiftysomething).
                            Gary J. Bivin
                            Gilbert, AZ

Comment

• vaking
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 2005
                              • Montclair, NJ, USA.
                              • Ryobi BT3100-1

Vaking contains some initials from my last-first names, it rhymes with viking and my roots are from Northern Europe. I use it not only at this forum and people often confuse it with "VA King" and think I am from Virginia and that king is a claim there. It is not.
                              Alex V

Comment

• just4funsies
                                • Dec 2005
                                • Florida.
                                • BT3000

One of my favorite verbalizations is "just for shits 'n giggles" but this often doesn't make it through the profanity filters, hence the more politically correct incarnation...
                                ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

Comment

Working...