Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Entertainment Center to Replace An Old One.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Entertainment Center to Replace An Old One.

SWMBO's video collection out grew the cabinet I made back in 1995, and it would only handle a 42" TV. The new one is 84" tall, 60" wide, and 17" deep to hold a 60" TV in the future. It's made from hard maple and maple veneered ply. It weighs in at 265 pounds empty. Yes, I made it in my new basement shop, but had to assemble and finish it in the garage as it would not fit up the basement stairs. Lockwood's water based aniline dye, Watco Medium Walnut Danish Oil, and Minwax wiping polyurethane varnish. Rubbed out with a white non-woven pad and liquid wax. The CD cabinet to the right is also a design of mine and is maple also. Finished like the entertainment center.

Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.

That looks great Jim! I was able to find a flat panel that fits into my entertainment center. I recall Norm in Fujino offering advice back around the turn of the century to not make entertainment centers due to the future growth of the size of tv's. He was so right.

It is great to see a post from you! Hope you and yours are well.
    just another brick in the wall...

Comment

VERY VERY Nice work Jim!
      "Like an old desperado, I paint the town beige ..." REK
      Bade Millsap
      Bulverde, Texas
      => Bade's Personal Web Log
      => Bade's Lutherie Web Log

Comment

Nice work!
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - http://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/dis...sked-questions

Comment

Jim, nice work and welcome back.

Comment

Nice one Jim and the 42" fits perfectly.

Comment

Working...
            X