• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I went to Rockler today...

And yes, they have some VERY nice stuff, but as I walked around through the aisles, sure there was all the Festool you could ever want in there. But I realized, for the most part I have everything I want aside from some small nee naws and gee gaws. And a LOT of specialized hardware...

So nee naws it was. I picked up a dust right edge routing dust pickup shroud and we will see just how much use that gets. Hoping I remember to use it... AND...
    A glue bottle.

Yes I have a glue bottle set from Peachtree, that is at least 15 years old and the plastic glue bottle cracked and is leaking now...

I did talk to the sales guy about the SawStop 3HP PCS 36", and a couple of things.

NOT impressed wtih the overarm dust collection tube. No improvement over my overhead to the ceiling and drop down behind the saw at the workbench setup I have now on the BT3100.

And the cast iron router wing, $699.00! Same piece of iron with free shipping is $365.00 on Amazon. Pretty sure I don't want to pay nearly twice as much to buy it locally... I mean I want to support local but ouch...
    Rockler beats Amazon by about $450.00 on the SawStop 3HP PCS itself, so there is that. At $3582.00 I am going to have to swallow hard to absorb that...
    SawStop Industrial mobile base with PCS conversion kit. Allows the PCS to be lifted straight up to clear the extension legs no problems, $449.00, again not cheap...

Going to be a while before I can swallow that big of an expense, but I will definately do it, the older I get, the more a standard saw makes me nervous and that is not a good thing.

Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

I am really disappointed in the optional SawStop blade guard/splitter/dust collector. Any toothpick or larger sliver of wood gets clogged in the hinge piviot thingy. They really undersized this thing… except for the price!

I really with debated myself on the 3hp option, then finally decided to stick with the souped up contractor model with 1.75 hp. I’ve gone 40 yrs with less than 1.5 hp and could count on one foot the times I’ve needed 3 hp so I figured I could live with 1.75 hp and not have to wrestle with 220 vac to the saw.

Comment

Working...