Kreg Bandsaw fence. THANK YOU LCHIEN FOR THE RECOMMENDATION!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Kreg Bandsaw fence. THANK YOU LCHIEN FOR THE RECOMMENDATION!

So as you probably know I added teh Kreg Precision bandsaw fence to my old Central Machinery 32208 finally relegating the POS Craftsman to the recycle bin. I don not even want to donate this thing for fear some poor sap might actually end up with it and try to use it. THe Cman fence is just that bad... But I digress...

In several discussions RE:aftermarket bandsaw fences, Loring LCHIEN talked up the Kreg fence, and its predecessor. Others here chimed in and you deserve credit too, but Loring was the first to speak up about it that I noticed... And I wanted to expend my thanks for the recommendation... This is a real game changer for this saw....

Working on the miter table extensions today, I needed a quick notch cut and thought at first, jig saw. and then the bandsaw spoke up. Maybe I need therapy, but my bandsaw BEGGED for the opportunity to show off the new fence...

So I went ahead and tensioned the blade, hit up the fence depth, and slabbed out that notch cut. There was no, and I mean zero, none, nada blade drift, that old Timberwolf blade went through exactly where I wanted it to go, did it quickly and it came out clean as I had just run it through the table saw...

I was on the, if you will pardon the pun, fence between this and the more expensive Shop Fox resaw fence, but hopted for hte Kreg because, well I was more certain it would fit my oddball Central Machinery saw. I honestly had no idea how perfectly but was super happy with that for sure!

So... Long story short, if you are wanting a good bandsaw fence for these Taiwan / China specials bandaws, especially the ones with the bolt hole bosses like the 32206 / 32208 Central Machinery and similar models, do NOT be concerned about if the Kreg is good enough. It passed Good enough and left it well in the dust. This fence is, if I dare say it, great!

I can honestly say that now my bandsaw is certainly adding cutting a beautiful straight line to its bag of tricks...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...