• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

One of the many dangers of operating a portable generator, behind getting the crud shocked out of you is carbon monoxide poisoning. I noticed in my latest HF flyer that one of their 1800 watt generators has carbon monoxide detection with engine shut off. Sounds like a good idea but I bet it would give you fits trying to troubleshoot why your generator will not crank when the detector fails.

Comment

• Condoman44
      Established Member
      • Nov 2013
      • CT near Norwich
      • Ryobi BT3000

I have a propane 6,000 watt generator on wheels. It is located in the basement and rolls out the back door when I use it.

With well water we can last about 2 hours before it is time to get it out. It has been used 6 times in 11 years, once for 9 hours. One 20 pound LP tank is about 9 hours of use. When it is used it is on for 2 hours and off for 3. It currently has 21 hours on the run time meter.

Without the generator we would have to leave the house and find someone that has city water or power, not good options. Long term this will have to change to a whole house LP generator. This year I may have the LP tank installed as part of that planning. The older one gets the less one wants to be involved with things that can be done easier.

Comment

Working...