• Show
Clear All
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Quality control and customer service

I love Woodpecker's products and they seem to have separated me from alot of my money over the years. Everything I've bought from them has been flawless.

A few weeks ago I bought a set of Woodpecker's parallel guide for my track saw. If you aren't familiar with them, there are four pieces that connect together and they have scales etched on the sides when making cuts <= 280mm and on top for making cuts > 280 mm. Being paranoid about a measuring device that needed to be bolted together, I did check it against another scale a to make sure there were no discrepancies at the joint. I'm pleased to report that it was spot on for the side scales.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2226.jpeg
Views:	227
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	843598

Then when I looked at the top scale It seemed to be off ... by a few hundred millimeters. In this case, Quality control F

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2227.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	843599

You can never tell if a company has good customer service until there is a problem. One email to customer service and a new set was on its way. Customer Service A+
    Chr's
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

For what they charge the service SHOULD BE outstanding. I would expect nothing less.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...